Interlace broken when using 1080p
I recently got a new PC and so far, Kodi works like a charm, but I have some SD video files that are interlaced and are completely messing up the picture.

So far I tried switching the deinterlace method, if available, and using software rendering, but nothing did have any visible effect.

The weird thing is, that not only the video is broken, but also the menus while the video is playing. They are now also in interlace and not properly deinterlaced. My TV still shows 1080p as signal (unfortunately, no other infos like refresh rate etc., so I don't know if it's maybe a weird refresh rate)

I also tried switching the resolution in Kodi, and that helped. Both 480p and 720p worked just fine. Didn't try any other resolutions, so I don't know if it's only 1080p that has the problem or others as well.

Kodi version: 19.0.4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
Windows Version 21H1 / 19043.1645
AMD Software up to date

Edit: Files worked fine on my old PC and an older Kodi version, also VLC has no problems on the new PC, so I would rule out the files as the problem.
Update: Still not solved, but new info. Seems to be a problem with Kodi switching to a weird refresh rate. Once a problematic Video runs, I can go to my AMD settings and set it back to 1080@60Hz, then it works fine. So, probably not an interlace issue, but a refresh rate issue. I just assumed it was interlace releated, since it looks like broken deinterlacing.

Is there an option to keep the refresh rate, when it's a multiple of the video? The video in question is 30fps, so Kodi shouldn't have to switch at all, since my PC runs at 60Hz. I still want it to switch for 50, 25 or 24fps videos though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interlace broken when using 1080p0