Cinematic Universe Naming Logic for Smart Playlist bug?
I am running the latest pre-release of kodi(I'm pretty sure it was happening on 19.4) "KodiSetup-20220509-186f2f86-Matrix-x64" for windows 10 and I use Auramod as my skin.

I have my cinematic universes setup as kodi recommends: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe

So I have a Marvel Cinematic Universe setup as MCUXXX. I also have a Star Wars setup as SWSXXX for Star Wars Saga.
I then have smart playlists that find files that start with those letters, MCU, SWS, or whatever.

The issue I'm having is for some reason my Marvel playlist is picking up a Star Wars playlist item. 1 item:
(the 4th item being shown is Star Wars The Last Jedi)

The directory in which all of my MCU movies are located does not have this movie,  and the directory of the 1 item is not named with the MCU logic:
The smart playlist:

I don't know what's going on or what to do to fix it.
@jojobro

Hmmm, that is a weird one. Let me get the off-topic stuff out of the way first (its easier)
1. Kodi doesn't use the extrafanart and extrathumbs folders anymore. extrafanart is named as fanart.jpg, fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg etc
2. The MCUxxx is only needed for the filename, not the folder. Adding it to the folder messes up scraping, but you have nfo files, so you are probably using a media manager and didn't encounter the problem.

Ok, now to the hard one...
I have no idea. Your playlist looks correct. Your naming is suitably different - MCU -v- SWS, so there is no reason for it to be cross linking.
Is it only that movie that is playing up?
Can you go to the Information Page for the Star Wars movie and highlight the Refresh button and check the path. Ensure it is pointing to the same movie, and not some trailer or other file by mistake

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
i know you guys maybe already solved the problem. i found another way to do the same because i did not want to rename my folders or movies files

So i thought to share. i went to videos > movies > tags and i added the tag called "marvel cinematic universe (mcu)" to my favourites. then from systems > skin (i am using aeon tajo) > setup main menu > MOVIES MENU > mange submenu then
add new entry and changed its action to the "marvel cinematic universe (mcu)" entry in my favourites. i ended up with 27 movies all the way from "Iron Man 2008" to "Spider-Man: No Way Home 2021" which according to wikipedia seems correct

I will try to see if star wars has similar tag, but for that one I am using a movie set auto-made by kodi/movie scrapper addon

hope that helps others as well
@Karellen

1. Yeah I know that extrafanart isn't a thing anymore, I have no idea why it's there. And it's going to be a pain to remove for all files. I noticed it last year lol
2. I did NOT know about this though, I assumed it was supposed to be the same naming scheme for everything. I also assume that eventually this will probably turn into a problem, as the scraper logic progresses.

Thank you for those tips.

As for the actual post, I looked into a bunch of things but nothing showed anything promising. So I gave up.

A couple days later completely unrelated, I decided to reset my autowidget cache because I was messing with the addon's code and figured I probably screwed something up.
After I did that, I went through my skin to see if things looked right and noticed that the error in my smart list wasn't there.

I have no idea why it changed it.

Thank you @nordicguy, although it didn't help me with this problem it will help me with another one I was experiencing. I totally forgot favorites was a thing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cinematic Universe Naming Logic for Smart Playlist bug?0