Solved Updating TV library missing episodes and seasons
Hi, 

About a week ago everything was fine but I needed to rebuild my Kodi and thus rescanned my media.  A problem popped up during the update, I noticed 1/2 dozen shows were in the library but were either empty or missing seasons. I tried rescanning them individually but no dice.  I tried renaming a couple of them (Halo 2022) -> Halo)  and rescanning again with the same result, in Halo's case its empty with no episodes. 

The only progress I made was created a new Kodi build and scanned a smaller version of my library.  This appeared to work but all problematic shows are missing the first episode.  I really don't know what else to try, it's just strange.  Here is a log:

https://zerobin.net/?c21394432b1a6ab5#sq...ebhkeHMMg=

Here is an example of the file structure:
Halo (2022)  -> Season 1 -> Halo 1x01, Halo 1x02, Halo 1x03 etc.

Thanks!
(2022-05-13, 20:19)SimonC Wrote: A problem popped up during the update, I noticed 1/2 dozen shows were in the library but were either empty or missing seasons.

Do you have nfo files exported by Kodi, and use them during the rescraping process?

Check a couple of the empty shows to see if their nfo files were wrongly exported, i.e. thumbs were exported wrong or twice and thus start/end tags got messed up. I had such a thing that messed up my re-scanning my collecting. I ended up testing with a local library without the nfo files, and that export went well.
Sorry, no .nfo files.
@SimonC

What is your Z:\ drive? Is it a mapped network drive or is it a local/USB drive?

We need another log. Please follow the steps exactly...
  1. Delete Halo from your library
  2. Run a Clean Library.
  3. Enable debug mode
  4. Exit Kodi
  5. Go to... C:\Users\csimon\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache\scrapers\ and delete the metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org.python folder
  6. Start Kodi
  7. Go to Videos>Files and highlight the Halo folder
  8. Press i on your keyboard.
  9. When the scrape is finished, exit Kodi and upload the log to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It's a USB drive.  Here is the new log:
https://zerobin.net/?798f1579fbb549cb#uc...R8JrFxmio=
Sorry, here is the Kodi pastebin:
https://paste.kodi.tv/foyocedopa.kodi
(2022-05-14, 00:38)SimonC Wrote: Sorry, here is the Kodi pastebin:
https://paste.kodi.tv/foyocedopa.kodi
Thanks.

Something is messed up in your library. I'll assume you followed my steps exactly.
For some reason, your entire tv show library is being scanned for Halo.

1. What do you see in your library after you performed this scrape? Was Halo scraped correctly?
2. In this path Z:\PCHDZ\TV HD\Childhood's End (2015)\ which folder did you set as your Source?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry, I should have noticed something went wrong the first time as it took longer than it should have.  Here is a different log:

jaqimewiwo.kodi (paste)

Halo is now properly in the library!  I don't understand what changed, deleting the scraper?
(2022-05-14, 01:08)SimonC Wrote: Here is a different log:
Yes, that looks much better, and it shows Halo has correctly scraped into the library as you have stated. Though I am still concerned about the previous log as it shows a corrupted library.

For the following episodes in your library, can you check the metadata and confirm the metadata actually matches the episode...
Z:\PCHDZ\TV HD\American Gods\Season 1\American Gods 1x01.mkv
Z:\PCHDZ\TV HD\Black Summer (2019)\Season 1\Black Summer 1x01.mkv
Z:\PCHDZ\TV HD\Carnival Row (2019)\Carnival Row 1x01.mkv
Start with those three, but there are many more.

(2022-05-14, 01:08)SimonC Wrote: I don't understand what changed, deleting the scraper?
No, you did not delete the scraper, you deleted the downloaded metadata cache. When you scrape an item, the downloaded metadata is cached, then used by the scanner to add the items to the library. The cache is only meant to exist for 15 minutes, but sometimes it can get stuck. We just deleted the cache and downloaded the data again.
My Signature
(2022-05-14, 01:27)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-05-14, 01:08)SimonC Wrote: Here is a different log:
Yes, that looks much better, and it shows Halo has correctly scraped into the library as you have stated. Though I am still concerned about the previous log as it shows a corrupted library.

For the following episodes in your library, can you check the metadata and confirm the metadata actually matches the episode...
Z:\PCHDZ\TV HD\American Gods\Season 1\American Gods 1x01.mkv
Z:\PCHDZ\TV HD\Black Summer (2019)\Season 1\Black Summer 1x01.mkv
Z:\PCHDZ\TV HD\Carnival Row (2019)\Carnival Row 1x01.mkv
Start with those three, but there are many more.
(2022-05-14, 01:08)SimonC Wrote: I don't understand what changed, deleting the scraper?
No, you did not delete the scraper, you deleted the downloaded metadata cache. When you scrape an item, the downloaded metadata is cached, then used by the scanner to add the items to the library. The cache is only meant to exist for 15 minutes, but sometimes it can get stuck. We just deleted the cache and downloaded the data again.
You're right, each of those are missing from the library.  Simply scanning for new content corrected them but I don't understand why they would be missing in the first place.  

As I mentioned above, the log I provided was from a fresh Kodi build with the contents of a single drive to run my experiments.   I went back to my original build and tried the same; delete from library, clean and delete the TV metadata cache etc. but it made no difference, Halo shows up in the library with no episodes.  Here is an excerpt from my log:

nejuzatanu.kodi (paste)

With no change to the file structure I don't understand why one build works and the other does not.  "Works" may not be the right word because I did have to fiddle with it to get it to scan everything properly into the library.
(2022-05-14, 04:23)SimonC Wrote: nejuzatanu.kodi (paste)
This log is no good. Don't give me snippets. Full logs only.
But I can see you are using a different scraper in that log. Change to the Python scraper, like you have in the other log.
My Signature
(2022-05-14, 06:05)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-05-14, 04:23)SimonC Wrote: nejuzatanu.kodi (paste)
This log is no good. Don't give me snippets. Full logs only.
But I can see you are using a different scraper in that log. Change to the Python scraper, like you have in the other log.
Sorry about that Karellen, I had a feeling you wouldn't like that partial log but the funny thing is you found my solution.  I was using the wrong scraper!!!!!  I corrected by switching from The Movie Database to TMDb TV Shows, rescanned and everything is good to go!  I can't believe I didn't check that but I assumed if the scraper was the issue either nothing would work or I would have all kinds of garbage.  I feel like that dude who's computer doesn't turn on and starts tearing it apart before simply checking the power cable!  Thanks for the help!
(2022-05-14, 15:09)SimonC Wrote: Thanks for the help!
Great!! Glad that it is all working now.

I'm not sure what is wrong with the other scraper, and confirm that in the test scrapes I performed here the first episode is either ommitted or partially scraped. I'll dig into it a bit deeper. Something must have changed at TheMovieDB recently.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating TV library missing episodes and seasons0