Solved Desktop And Kodi UI Balance
When i have my LG 4K screeen set to the recommended 3840 x 2160 resolution, my desktop etc looks nice and crisp, however when i watch DVD VOB Movies, or YouTube videos in Kodi, they are jerky. Of course when i set my Intel HD 630 graphics to 1920 x 1080, everything plays smoothly. Is there a settings tweak i have overlooked , that will permit me to have my cake and eat it?
(2022-05-14, 15:48)captainfearless Wrote: HD 630 graphics
I doubt your system has the power to upscale 720 x 576 up to 3840 x 2160

You will need to leave the desktop resolution set to 1920x1080, and let the LG TV upscale to 3840x2160
If you have actual 4k content, then you should have no problem playing it when the desktop is set to 3840x2160.
There is a difference between being able to play 4k content, and upscaling to 4k playback.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for that clear, concise answer.
I’ve hit a snag, when the desktop is set to 1920 x 1080, after a few minutes it shrinks, showing black bars either side, and a squeezed picture, in or out of Kodi.
(2022-05-23, 08:12)captainfearless Wrote: after a few minutes it shrinks
Are you sure this is about TV shenanigans..? Smile
Once a video setting is set, thingson screen shouldn't "just shrink" for no apparent reason.

(2022-05-23, 08:12)captainfearless Wrote: showing black bars either side, and a squeezed picture, in or out of Kodi.
Black bars left and right..? I know some videos in the ripping scene are altered for some stupid reason, where 21:9 or 18:9 aspect videos are given black bars top & bottom artificially just to create a physical 16:9 aspect video. I'm wondering if something similar is the case with your setup.
I sorted this by changing the default full screen window to full screen.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Desktop And Kodi UI Balance0