upnp issues
Hey I am able to use universal media server to stream upnp on vlc on a 88x pro android box but wont work in kodi got the newest version from google play store. Any ideas?
What steps have you followed? To get any meaningful support you need to provide more information.

Have you tried finding the UPnP source (your UMS server) via the Kodi file manager for example? I believe you can add "upnp://" as a source then hit browse to look for the server using the file manager as far as I remember but without more info it is difficult to figure out what you want to achieve.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
ill try that and get back to you. I tried going into add video selecting upnp putting in the ip from universal media server no luck yet.
@spiderman1234

In case you are not aware, you cannot create a Kodi library using UPnP. The most you will get is a "browse tree". Read more here... Upnp (wiki)

Where is your media located? Can you access it via SMB?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I always get username password asked when using smb. Do you have any ideas have to turn that off? IS smb stable with xbmc i found it work then stop working
(2022-05-15, 17:10)spiderman1234 Wrote: I always get username password asked when using smb. Do you have any ideas have to turn that off?

There is a reason for having a login on server machines. It's to keep the bad guys out. Kodi defaults to SMBv2 if that says something to you. SMBv1 was deprecated some time ago for its obvious many security problems.
I have done benchmarks for really big videos and upnp out performs smb. now i did a benchmark 5g video smb ran better maybe vlc update intereting? I found a setting in kodi to support upnp but it is quite slow. I'm getting not avavaible for smb on kodi error 2 yet smb works fine on vlc. I also want browse while in file manger get error 2 again can't find it while browsing any ideas?
(2022-05-15, 17:10)spiderman1234 Wrote: I always get username password asked when using smb. Do you have any ideas have to turn that off?
Yes, it can be turned off in Windows settings. Do a google search for "disable password for media sharing Windows 10" or similar.

This also might help for setting up your sources... https://kodi.wiki/view/SMB
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
upnp issues0