WIP EllipsisUI - initial release thread CLOSED
Star 

ABOUT
EllipsisUI is a skin made from a collaborative effort by TeamUI. Manfeed is the lead developer and he has done amazing at making this skin into a really impressive user interface. 
It is based on the Ellipsis skin by Team Blackbolt which was introduced way back in November 2009.
In December 2021, I reached out to this community looking for folks to collaborate with and to sponsor the development of new skins for Kodi.
The idea was to resurrect 2 abandoned skins, 2 skins that really appealed to me for various reasons and bring them up to date and begin to modernize them.
Manfeed took up lead developer responsibilities for this project early on in the year and has been chipping away at it making it much nicer bit by bit ever since.
Kind of like TetradUI, this project was challenging. It didn't have near the amount of issues as TetradUI but even still this project took determination and a lot of blood sweat and tears to make it happen.

SCREENSHOTS

watch gallery

DOWNLOAD
You can install Gade's Add-on Repository to get the latest development versions of EllipsisUI
or alternatively you can visit the Github to download and manually install.
A quick look , what I like most is the clean look of the section lists , ie, interface , skin settings etc. I even like the look of the power menu and its background panel . I particularly like the movie information screen when I press "I" on my remote whilst highlighting a video.
I appreciate you have kept the home screen "widget free" I like that , I find I hardly ever use actual widgets to access a video. But the screen is a bit bare with both the sub menu and the "tools lists being hidden by default maybe. 
Am not a fan of the home screen either the icons or the scrolling of them , I like a fixed action. Not a fan of the showcase view. I like the list view but the poster/icon is too small imo or even the hybrid list but with a single poster on the right not a scrolling effect like the showcase view. The submenu list ( pressing up from main menu) I would prefer it being horizontal so that all items are showing. 
Have to say tho I like the button focus or in your case button_f.png .
No skin shortcuts support , another big plus from me.
Oh and , love the time clock.
Good luck with the development , a new skin is a breath of fresh air , with due respect to all the developers , most of the skins have been around a long time.
Wow I remember the original skin, this is exciting.
Wow, really different skin. I love it.
Question: In the top right corner of posters there's a "plus" sign. Is that the place where you put the watchted indicators etc. in the future?

Thanks a lot for this skin.
(2022-05-16, 18:35)Aaiemron Wrote: Question: In the top right corner of posters there's a "plus" sign. Is that the place where you put the watchted indicators etc. in the future?
Well, as of now it is more of the opposite of what most people would expect. Its an indicator that the media is unwatched, when its marked as watched the + indicator goes away.
It's a remnant from the old times I guess and will likely change with more consideration.

I'm just glad that this skin can be loved again and it has a chance to achieve it's full potential. I always felt that this project was special and it never sat right with me that it was shelved.
(2022-05-16, 21:12)Ch3dd4rGoblin Wrote:
(2022-05-16, 18:35)Aaiemron Wrote: Question: In the top right corner of posters there's a "plus" sign. Is that the place where you put the watchted indicators etc. in the future?
Well, as of now it is more of the opposite of what most people would expect. Its an indicator that the media is unwatched, when its marked as watched the + indicator goes away.
It's a remnant from the old times I guess and will likely change with more consideration.

I'm just glad that this skin can be loved again and it has a chance to achieve it's full potential. I always felt that this project was special and it never sat right with me that it was shelved.
Oké thanks for the answer. 
In the showcase view for tvshows you can see how many episodes you have watched. 
Can you please make that also possible for the dvd hybrid view? Or maybe put he plus sign before the name of the show, just like in list view.

And another request:
Immediately go back to the home menu after pressing the back button on the remote.
Now I have to press three times on the back button.
*edit* Sorry I figured the back thing out. Long press will do the trick

And the last request:
Autoclose the OSD after pressing play when you have paused a movie or tvshow. 

thanks a lot
Interesting skin, can you make it mouse friendly?
(2022-05-17, 06:50)Picard Wrote: Interesting skin, can you make it mouse friendly?

I can't say with certainty that it will happen ever, but I will say if it's ever done it will be waaay down the road because of all the complexities of adding mouse support and it is kind of a low priority.
When I want to access the icons at the bottom of the screen while playing a film or show they all function apart from Audio.
All I see is a screen with one half grey and the other black.
(2022-05-21, 17:46)hostile17 Wrote: When I want to access the icons at the bottom of the screen while playing a film or show they all function apart from Audio.
All I see is a screen with one half grey and the other black.

(2022-05-15, 20:12)Ch3dd4rGoblin Wrote: EllipsisUI v2.0.0 is a early WIP
The issues discovered will be addressed as well as a few others.in the next update. Work on a new view will begin as well. Smile
Keep the suggestions and feedback coming!
I use the remote of my Samsung TV to control my Nvidia Shield. 
Long pressing on the back button to immediately return to the home screen doesn't work with that remote. Only with the Nvidia remote.
Can you please make that possible?
Now I have to press three times on the back button to return to the home screen.
Thanks
(2022-05-23, 07:25)Aaiemron Wrote: I use the remote of my Samsung TV to control my Nvidia Shield. 
Long pressing on the back button to immediately return to the home screen doesn't work with that remote. Only with the Nvidia remote.
Now I have to press three times on the back button to return to the home screen.
Thanks

Why are you asking in a skin thread?
(2022-05-23, 10:36)Hitcher Wrote:
(2022-05-23, 07:25)Aaiemron Wrote: I use the remote of my Samsung TV to control my Nvidia Shield. 
Thanks

Why are you asking in a skin thread?

Because this is a skin related question.
I was wondering if that's possible for this skin. It works in any other skin, that's why.
Skins have no control over how your remote works though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EllipsisUI - initial release thread CLOSED0