• 7(current)
Release TheTVDB.com Official TV Scraper
Getting an unhandled exception python error while using this.

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/yozacajeli.kodi

The above is not a debug log but the error is shown and Kodi itself suggested to look at log to have more details about the error it threw. If a debug log is needed, let me know (not sure if I'll be able to replicate, though).

Edit: tried to replicate to grab a debug log, it did not happen anymore.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Looking at the log, it appears the TVDB sent a 404 error for some particular URL.  I'm not saying the scraper shouldn't handle that more gracefully, but that was likely a transient issue at TVDB causing the problem - which is probably why it worked again when you tried to get a debug log.
(Side question: Where's that nice neat exception format in the log coming from?)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Geez, all that log spam is just ridiculous.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-03-04, 00:06)Karellen Wrote: Geez, all that log spam is just ridiculous.
What do you mean?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2023-03-04, 02:16)ashlar Wrote: What do you mean?

xml:
warning <general>: Setting most video properties through ListItem.setInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use the respective setter in InfoTagVideo.
warning <general>: ListItem.setCast() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setCast().
warning <general>: ListItem.setRating() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setRating().

There are 837 of these messages. It unnecessarily inflates the size of the log and makes it more difficult to read.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-03-04, 02:22)Karellen Wrote:

xml:
warning <general>: Setting most video properties through ListItem.setInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use the respective setter in InfoTagVideo.
warning <general>: ListItem.setCast() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setCast().
warning <general>: ListItem.setRating() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setRating().

There are 837 of these messages. It unnecessarily inflates the size of the log and makes it more difficult to read.
Got it. I thought I had done something wrong on my side. And to think that this isn't even a debug log, just a normal log...
(2023-03-04, 00:01)bossanova808 Wrote: (Side question: Where's that nice neat exception format in the log coming from?)
Haven't looked at the code at all, but if you import traceback and then with a try/except block use traceback to handle the exception and log it from your except block.

scott s.
(2023-03-04, 16:39)ashlar Wrote:
(2023-03-04, 02:22)Karellen Wrote:

xml:

Got it. I thought I had done something wrong on my side. And to think that this isn't even a debug log, just a normal log...
I think the plan was to wait for Kodi 20 before updating to get rid of the old listitem methods.  A new module, infotagger, was merged into the Nexus script repo last week so that's an option for updating addons (used in just released Youtube ver 70 plugin).

scott s.
(2023-03-04, 00:01)bossanova808 Wrote: (Side question: Where's that nice neat exception format in the log coming from?)

A bit late reply, but still: https://github.com/thetvdb/metadata.tvsh...tvdb.py#L3 
and https://github.com/thetvdb/metadata.tvsh..._logger.py

I'm using it in all my addons. Saves a lot of time when investigating issues.
That's very nice...so nice it would make a nice module for others to then use, maybe?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I noticed that a couple of series I scraped recently did not have any clearart or clearlogos, so I rescraped, same issue. I looked a little closer and also noticed that the season posters were actually being populated by background images. I thought maybe the images were just missing from TVDB website but no, all images are present on the TVDB. This happened with both Archer and Harley Quinn. This issue only happens with TVDB v4. When I use the old TVDB scraper or the TMDB TV scraper all season posters scrape fine but neither of those scrapers pull clearart or clearlogos with I like to have in my library views.

Here is a screenshot of what Harley Quinn looks like when I try to select the season one poster by choosing Manage --> Choose Art --> Poster:
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You might be better off reporting it here -
https://github.com/thetvdb/metadata.tvsh...hon/issues
(2023-08-12, 20:39)Hitcher Wrote: You might be better off reporting it here -
https://github.com/thetvdb/metadata.tvsh...hon/issues

Seems there isn't much activity there so I was hoping someone here would be able to help. I am still seeing weird issues when scraping with TVDB v4.
Here is another example. Log here: mogewufico.kodi (paste)

I scraped the show Moonlighting and even though there are multiple English posters for season 1, only one (I believe Dutch poster?) was scraped. The same thing happened for all 5 seasons of the show.

(2023-08-19, 21:44)junitodx Wrote: I scraped the show Moonlighting and even though there are multiple English posters for season 1, only one (I believe Dutch poster?) was scraped. The same thing happened for all 5 seasons of the show.
It seems to have grabbed all the artwork available in Season One, then applied it to the remaining seasons. Weird.

(2023-08-19, 21:44)junitodx Wrote: Seems there isn't much activity there so I was hoping someone here would be able to help.
We won't be much help here as we didn't write the scraper, nor provide bug fixes for it.
You need to submit a report at their Github site. TVDB aren't active on this forum.

It won't be a quick fix, so in the meantime, manually download the artwork you want and save it locally. Delete the show from your library, then rescrape after you have locally saved the artwork you want.
My Signature
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB.com Official TV Scraper0