• 3(current)
Release TheTVDB.com Official TV Scraper
(2022-07-20, 23:17)tvdb_christy Wrote:
(2022-06-13, 23:53)ponkotsu Wrote: Although the scraper will allow you to set a primary language and it will automatically fall back to English, I was wondering if it's possible to have English be the primary language and have a different language be the fallback? Basically the inverse of the existing procedure. My use case is probably a fringe one, but for my library I'd prefer to have English if available, and fall back to Japanese if not (for example).
Hi. I have spoken to our developer and this use case requires a lot of refactoring in the scraper. I've added it to our backlog and if enough Kodi users want it, we will move this issue forward on our roadmap. Thanks for reporting!

Thank you for coming back to let me know, and for keeping it a potential future option. I've been manually updating my local database with the alternate language data, so I can just stick to the status quo.
So i recently updated to Matrix and therefor moved onto the new scraper for TVDB, as it'll eventually be the only one.
Every show in my collection was scraping fine with the old Leia scraper, however about 20% of all my shows show as 0/0 episodes with the new scraper never getting added.
Every episode has nfo file managed by Sonarr.

https://paste.kodi.tv/elokufupuv.kodi

Few shows that show as 0/0 episodes:
Alice in Borderland
The Book of Boba Fett
(2022-07-22, 00:40)DjRicko Wrote: Every episode has nfo file managed by Sonarr
There is no sign of any episode nfo file in your log. Can you post a screenshot of your Bobba Fett episode folder so we can check naming and placement.
Also post the contents of one of the episode nfo files to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link.

Also, your have your scraper set for Danish language, but there are no translations available for Danish.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I also find the scraping log very strange and would like to see the folder structure of problematic shows including file names and the contents of episode NFO files.

Full disclosure: I'm not affiliated with TheTVDB but I took part in developing this scraper.
I did a full rescrape of my TV show collection (~8,400 eps) from a NFS server, on a not-that-old PC computer (Kodi 19.4 on Ubuntu Windows 11) with the default local clean SQLite database, using the "TMDb TV Shows" scraper, and it nearly took some 20 hours... And 99% of that content already has recently exported nfo files. That used to take perhaps 30-40 minutes in the old days for a new scrape, and hardly just even 3-4 minutes when nfo files are present. It's a bit mind-boggling TBH.

I also noticed that during a refresh of a single TV Show on Kodi's home screen, after each episode was processed, the home screen got refreshed with (of course) other random tv show thumbs being retrieved. That does not seem very efficient in my book, and if this constant reload thing also happens 'under water' during a full source TV scraping, I can understand why things will take so gddmn awfully long nowadays.
I'm afraid Python scrapers will always be slower than old ones. But behavior with the presence of rich NFO files needs to be checked.

Same naming convention as every scene release ever, and named the same as all other files in my library that scraped fine. It also scraped fine with old tvdb scraper. So I'm unsure what's causing this... It's nearly 15-20% of my entire library, where it finds cover art and everything for the series, but just lists 0/0 episodes.
@DjRicko

We also need one of your episode nfo files posted to Kodi Paste Site and link provided here.
How have you created your nfo files?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
https://paste.kodi.tv/eziqupotah

As mentioned earlier, the nfo files are automatically created and managed by Sonarr (TV Library management).
(2022-08-06, 00:06)DjRicko Wrote: the nfo files are automatically created and managed by Sonarr
I would recommend you stop using Sonarr NFO files for Kodi. They are not 100% compatible.

I copied your tvshow.nfo file and episode nfo file and scanned them into my library. They were scanned in correctly.
From the log, I cannot see what the problem is.
Lets see if another set of eyes can spot a problem.
My Signature
The weird thing is that alot of the shows that have problems scrape fine with the old TVDB scraper. Just not the new one. It picks up the show, cover art etc... Just not the episodes.
(2022-08-06, 01:35)DjRicko Wrote: The weird thing is that alot of the shows that have problems scrape fine with the old TVDB scraper. Just not the new one
It will be a process of elimination. Lets first rule out Language issues. You have your scraper set to Danish. Can you change to English and rescan? Does it work?
My Signature
Things i have already tried:
- Setting language to english and everything with default settings.
- Removing NFOs and scanning with just names.

It will scrape the data for the show itself, just not episodes.
And it's not all shows, only some, about 15-20% of my entire library i think.
If it can scrape episodes, it successfully does it for all episodes in the show, otherwise it's none at all. No middle ground with single failed files. Either it scrapes all or none.
I tried to re-create the structure of "The Book of Boba Fett" directory with a stub video file for S01E01 and all .NFO files (tvshow.nfo and episode .nfo) then scanned it with the same version of Kodi and the scraper. I also selected Danish language for the directory to reproduce the condition exactly. And the show was scanned successfully. I have no idea why the behavior is so different. And I don't see any major problems with those NFO files. They should be picked correctly.
Here's my log for comparison: https://paste.kodi.tv/qamelomeve.kodi
Just started using v4 on CoreELEC 19.4 after scraping from TMDB for quite a while.
I'm just just wondering if it's normal not getting all of the season poster variants that TVDB have on file, since I'm not a paying contributor and haven't entered a PIN?
It seems I'm only able to choose between two season posters consistently on every show season.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB.com Official TV Scraper0