Group Identical Movies in Movie Library and Which Version Dialogue
Hi

I wanted to request the ability to switch on grouping of identical movies for Kodi NEXUS  Smile

For example 
Jurassic Park (2160p).hdr.atmos - a UHD rip
Jurassic Park (1080p).3d - A 3D SBS version
Jurassic Park (576p) - a very first DVD rip

I am requested that a Setting in the relevant 'Settings' menu - be able to group these.
Which is separate to having the Sets feature enabled or not.
As some people will still not want sets. 

A further feature would be a select duplicate version dialogue in the 'Settings' menu.  
This would mean a dialogue would appear saying:
"Which version of Jurassic Park would you like to play?"  
2160p (HDR, ATMOS)
1080p (3D)
576p

The dialogue would allow the [Movie Title] and the [Resolution] followed by any [recognised filename tag]

This is a similar feature to Plex, though  I think the idea of recognised filename tags is a bit more powerful than Plex.

Finally the last bit of this feature request would be a thing in SMART PLAYLIST item, to show any alternative versions of the movie within the media library.
e.g.
Jurassic Park would show (with all 3 versions inside).

I'd love to help but not smart enough to code, but would of course be willing to try out any nightlies 
I really do think it would be a neat little feature.

I have been using this since the original Xbox, and a TeamXecuter ModChip back then, and commend all the people coding Kodi, addons and skins. 
Every release I'm always blown away with how something free is so incredible.

Thank you
Chris
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337992
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That is exactly it @Karellen - identical to how I pictured it. 
What an EPIC SHAME...

I'd love someone or TeamKodi to pick this and carry on the work...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Group Identical Movies in Movie Library and Which Version Dialogue0