PlexKodiConnect on Kodi Nexus
Hi, how do I install plexkodiconnect on Kodi Nexus? I downloaded the last repo but I can't get into it. Thank you.
See here: https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConn...stallation
(2022-05-24, 09:28)Croneter Wrote: See here: https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConn...stallation

@Croneter I guess I don't understand. The PKC repository is not available on the Kodi Nexus last Nightly build, the addon cannot be installed from it. I performed the manual installation according to the advice here - https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect/issues/1815. I managed to install the mentioned version 3.6.13, including the necessary dependencies. But when I wanted to run PKC. I just got a message that the Kodi version is unsupported ...

So is it possible to run PKC on a Kodi Nexus or not? Thank you.
@Croneter Thank you for resolving the issue with the new version 3.6.14. PlexKodiConnect already works on the latest version of Kodi Nexus.
[font][font]@Croneter Hi, i try instal new Kodi 21 Omega (i know its alpha version) and plexkodiconnect 3.7.0 where do you have "[/font][/font]Initial compatibility with Kodi 21 Omega", but when i start PlexKodiConnect I get a message that this version of PKC is not supported. Is it possible to fix this please? Thank you.
I'm having a slightly different issue. Kodi Nexus 20.0 running plexkodiconnect (PKC) on an Nvidia Shield.  Plex Media Server Version 1.31.0.6654. 

The plugin seems to sync just fine with no errors, except there are two really odd problems:
  1. First, Kodi is not showing anything in the "Recently Added" category that was added past a certain date (around a few weeks ago). I also can't see these titles that were added when browsing through Movies or TV in the Kodi interface either.

2. Second, there are some TV items that were added after this mysterious cutoff date that do show in Kodi, but I can't play them without getting a playback error. Earlier episodes for the same show/season are fine. Other episodes and movies are fine too. 
I'm not sure if this cutoff date aligns with a Kodi update or a Plex update, but I recall first noticing the update issue after Kodi updated from Matrix to Nexus. Of course, everyone worked just super smooth until this problem. So it seems that there is some kind of synchronization issue between KPC and Plex itself.

I've tried forcing manual library updates in KPC, I followed the reset procedure in KPC,  deleted and re-installed KPC, and even nuked Kodi's data and started from scratch, but still have the same issue. 

Can anyone offer some debugging suggestions or is there some kind of a underlying version incompatibility here?
I am experiencing the exact same issue!  When my Nvidia updated to Nexus, I noticed nothing new could be added.  It hadn't auto updated PKC to 3.7.1, so I thought maybe that would fix it.  It did not.

I have also tried nuking my database and completely rebuilding it.  It doesn't work.
(2023-02-20, 01:13)bohemian1 Wrote: I'm having a slightly different issue. Kodi Nexus 20.0 running plexkodiconnect (PKC) on an Nvidia Shield.  Plex Media Server Version 1.31.0.6654. 

The plugin seems to sync just fine with no errors, except there are two really odd problems:
  1. First, Kodi is not showing anything in the "Recently Added" category that was added past a certain date (around a few weeks ago). I also can't see these titles that were added when browsing through Movies or TV in the Kodi interface either.

2. Second, there are some TV items that were added after this mysterious cutoff date that do show in Kodi, but I can't play them without getting a playback error. Earlier episodes for the same show/season are fine. Other episodes and movies are fine too. 
I'm not sure if this cutoff date aligns with a Kodi update or a Plex update, but I recall first noticing the update issue after Kodi updated from Matrix to Nexus. Of course, everyone worked just super smooth until this problem. So it seems that there is some kind of synchronization issue between KPC and Plex itself.

I've tried forcing manual library updates in KPC, I followed the reset procedure in KPC,  deleted and re-installed KPC, and even nuked Kodi's data and started from scratch, but still have the same issue. 

Can anyone offer some debugging suggestions or is there some kind of a underlying version incompatibility here?

I am experiencing the exact same issue!  When my Nvidia updated to Nexus, I noticed nothing new could be added.  It hadn't auto updated PKC to 3.7.1, so I thought maybe that would fix it.  It did not.

I have also tried nuking my database and completely rebuilding it.  It doesn't work.
(2023-03-05, 03:14)KYThrill Wrote:
(2023-02-20, 01:13)bohemian1 Wrote: I'm having a slightly different issue. Kodi Nexus 20.0 running plexkodiconnect (PKC) on an Nvidia Shield.  Plex Media Server Version 1.31.0.6654. 

I can also add that the last title to successfully update in Nexus was on 1/20.  The next movie I added on 2/6 will not show up on Nexus using PKC 3.7.1.

I can say that I have another Shield that is still running Matrix with  PKC 3.6.14 and it is working fine connected to the same PlexMediaServer (it's the most up tp date version of PMS, but don't know the version off the top of my head).  So it appears to be an issue with Nexus and PKC, no something that was broke in PMS.

Also, I ran Nexus with PKC 3.6.14 and that didn't work either, again pointing to some issue between PKC and Nexus.
Interesting.

Maybe I should figure out how to downgrade back to Matrix since a working PKC integration is a bit of a must-have in our house.
Easy enough, to do download matrix version on a PC or mac , install a file sharing app on the shield or use a sd card/usb stick and uninstall nexus and install matrix.
For those having issues on transitioning from Matrix to Nexus, refer to: https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConn...1384469046
As far as i can tell, PKC is unable to transition to the newly created *.db-files properly, f.e. "MyVideos119.db" → "MyVideos121.db" and so on.
The database just stops updating for newly added content. My guess is it continues writing to the old *.db-files when the newer ones are already in use, hence no changes are reflected in Kodi.

I'll quote @Croneter's solution from GitHub that worked flawlessly in my case although I don't know why he didn't mention this himself:
Quote:
  1. Quit Kodi
  2. In your Kodi userdata folder userdata/Database delete all the following files:
    • MyVideos*.db
    • TV*.db (Croneter failed to mention that one in his post)
    • MyMusic*.db (if you used PKC to sync music as well)
    • plex.db
  3. If at all possible: Start from scratch, don't upgrade Kodi from 19 to 20!
If all else fails, check here: #1359

After doing steps 1 and 2 simply restart Kodi to let PKC rebuild the database from scratch.
I've had no issues apart from losing the reference links for cached artwork in my Textures13.db.

Re-checking for online artwork with Artwork Beef and a subsequent cleanup via Texturecache Maintenance Utility (Options "-R", maybe "-P" and then "-c") makes quick work of that though.
Any custom artwork changes in Kodi might be lost though, however I don't think that anyone should or would customize those a lot since the main management should be done in Plex anyway.
I'm only adding a bit of online fanart for diversity in Kodi as a cherry on top.

Check the other link in the quote or GitHub issues, if you still have problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlexKodiConnect on Kodi Nexus0