v19 Super Favourites: Does It Work with Local Videos?
Hello. I'm currently using Kodi 19.4 with local videos in separate folders. Does Super Favourites work with local videos? If so, do I go to the video library and add a video to a super folder, or do I first add the video to Favourites, and then from there add them to a super folder?
(2022-05-23, 03:57)monkeylove Wrote: Hello. I'm currently using Kodi 19.4 with local videos in separate folders. Does Super Favourites work with local videos? If so, do I go to the video library and add a video to a super folder, or do I first add the video to Favourites, and then from there add them to a super folder?
Yes. In fact I've added folders that contained videos into Super Favourites.

You can select any video or folder and right click to bring up the context menu. From the context menu select Add to Super Favourites. At this point, a dialog window will open to allow you to choose the location where you want to save the item in SuperFavourites.

BTW, you don't have to be in Super Favourites to select videos/folders to add to Super Favourites.
Thank you for your support! I tried the latest version from

https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository....c.repo.zip

and tried it right now: went to Movies/Titles, right-clicked on one video, and selected "Add to Super Favourites".

The video does not play in Super Favourites (a video playback failed message) but plays in Movies/Titles.

I checked the log viewer and noted that when I play from Movies/Titles, I see the ff. in one of the lines:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD @ <IP Address>/Folder/Video.mp4

(sorry, I have to add spaces between the "@" because the board thinks I'm tagging forum members).

But when I play from a Super Favourites entry, I see the ff.

ftp://<IP Address>/Folder/Video.mp4
(2022-05-23, 05:03)monkeylove Wrote: Thank you for your support! I tried the latest version from

and tried it right now: went to Movies/Titles, right-clicked on one video, and selected "Add to Super Favourites".

The video does not play in Super Favourites (a video playback failed message) but plays in Movies/Titles.

I checked the log viewer and noted that when I play from Movies/Titles, I see the ff. in one of the lines:

(sorry, I have to add spaces between the "@" because the board thinks I'm tagging forum members).

I play local videos all the time.
Check and see if Kodi can play your videos. If it cannot, SF won't be able to play them either.
(2022-06-13, 22:17)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2022-05-23, 05:03)monkeylove Wrote: Thank you for your support! I tried the latest version from

I play local videos all the time.
Check and see if Kodi can play your videos. If it cannot, SF won't be able to play them either.
Thanks. The videos play correctly when I run them through the Movies and Videos sections in Kodi, as well as in Favorites, but not when they're bookmarked in Super Favourites. I notice that when I play them in any of the three sources, what's passed on to the log is the ftp address with "username" and "password," or

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD @ <IP Address>/Folder/Video.mp4 (no spaces between the at sign).

but in Super Favorites, what's recorded by the logs is

Finally, thanks again for the support. I was told elsewhere that FTP and even SMB via Windows tend not to do well when it comes to streaming videos, so I should use video streamed via HTTP or uPnP/DLNA. I am currently trying Mezzmo, which is like Plex, Emby, and Jellyfin, with Kodi used as a front end. Hopefully, SF should work well with that. I'll let you know how it goes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Super Favourites: Does It Work with Local Videos?0