question about Dv movies and hardware
if i am buying nvidia shield pro, will it display 4k dolby vision movies or not.  i dont have 4k dolby vision tv but i have 4k projector.  do i have to buy 4k dolby vision tv in order to display DV movies correctly?
anyone help me?
(2022-05-24, 18:10)rickyman Wrote: anyone help me?

Have patience and don't bump your own thread please it is bad forum etiquette . You only posted 2 hours ago.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Which profile of DV are you talking about?  There are a number of different flavours of Dolby Vision - different players have different abilities.
Is your projector Dolby Vision compatible?
i dont think they make dolby vision projector.  i got 4k projector only (full 10bit) parital 12bit.  i am talking about dolby vision movie file.
(2022-05-25, 06:43)rickyman Wrote: i dont think they make dolby vision projector.  i got 4k projector only (full 10bit) parital 12bit.  i am talking about dolby vision movie file.

DV UHD Blu-rays will have an HDR10 or HDR10+ core (known as the BL or Base Layer) which - if your projector supports HDR10 (the most basic HDR standard) - will play fine in HDR, but without the DV additional tone-mapping (provided by additional streams on the disc that non-DV players will ignore). 

DV UHD DRM streaming services that offer DV (which for streaming will be a pure DV signal usually) will also offer a separate HDR10 version for non-DV viewers.

If your projector is SDR-only and can't handle HDR10 then some players (AMLogic based for instance) have hardware tone mapping which will convert HDR to SDR.  However this is always a compromise and may not be great.  My understanding is that some UHD projectors support HDR10 inputs and will internally tone map to the dynamic range supported by the projector, rather than requiring the player to do so?
The the answer to this -
(2022-05-24, 15:24)rickyman Wrote: do i have to buy 4k dolby vision tv in order to display DV movies correctly?
is yes.
(2022-05-25, 10:07)Hitcher Wrote: The the answer to this -
(2022-05-24, 15:24)rickyman Wrote: do i have to buy 4k dolby vision tv in order to display DV movies correctly?
is yes.

yes and not ...
With hdfury product you can force LLDV
https://hdfury.com/enjoy-dynamic-dv-cont...0-display/

lot of Projector's user use this hack  for Dynamic Tone Mapping
(2022-05-24, 15:24)rickyman Wrote: if i am buying nvidia shield pro, will it display 4k dolby vision movies or not.  i dont have 4k dolby vision tv but i have 4k projector.  do i have to buy 4k dolby vision tv in order to display DV movies correctly?

nvidia shield pro support only LLDV or pprofile 5 from VOD(netflix,disney ecc) , you can NOT playback Blueray UHD disc (profile 7)
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
which hdfury product i buy for convert to LLDV? does all hdfury work with LLDV or not?

do i need to buy ziddos x9s box for it? i have htpc. will it works or not?
(2022-05-26, 16:22)rickyman Wrote: which hdfury product i buy for convert to LLDV? does all hdfury work with LLDV or not?

do i need to buy ziddos x9s box for it? i have htpc. will it works or not?

https://www.avforums.com/threads/dolby-v...s.2254350/
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
question about Dv movies and hardware0