tvOS Kodi v20 (Nexus) the control are not stable
Hello

the control are not stable on Kodi v20 (Nexus) for Apple tv 4K (tvOS15) it move so fast
Which control(s) exactly are you referring to?
OP means navigating UI with the Siri remote
I can confirm the same issues.
still not fixed (Kodi 20 Alpha3)
Hi,

A while ago I PRed some change concerning the remote with better support of pan and more settings about the navigation speed.

Can you check and try to modify the Siri Remote settings in Kodi?
In the same time, I will try the current alpha to reproduce.
Thanks
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
the problem i can't even select settings icon,
Kodi "Nexus" RC 2 -  still not usable with Siri remote. A single tap jumps 2-3 items in random directions. A click jumps to next or previous item and selects that one. Swiping completely unusable...

Any news on fixing this? No problems with Matrix and Siri remote.
Same here (Latest 4k ATV with Sire Remote). The bug with videos beeing played without picture (black screen) is also still there :-(
(2023-01-17, 13:03)Janosch Wrote: Same here (Latest 4k ATV with Sire Remote). The bug with videos beeing played without picture (black screen) is also still there :-(

Follow the link, it's just a shame when the developers do not have the necessary hardware  Huh TvOS Kodi Build
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
Hello all,

Today I finally broke down and used my Xcode 14.2 on a broken screen MacBook Pro 16 to compile a nice little um Helper app and of course to embed the latest stable release of Kodi for tvOS 16.2 on my Apple TV 4K (2nd Gen) and I have to tell you it took me about half a hour to figure out it was as simple as embedding the .deb repackaged as a .ipa using iOS App Signer and then bundling it into the installer, Built the underlying app KodiSlipper4K (haha) and finally push the install to my Apple TV and in a word WOW!!!

Wow first because (forgive my French) it FUC*I*G WORKS !!!! HAHHAHA and then yes, wow because OMG the oddity or freakish response of Kodi 20.0 to the AppleTV Bluetooth Siri Remote, WTF, I MEAN WTF... but then my ... "I am gonna f*ck* This Shi* Up and fix it" attitude started and I scrambled for .... yeah what exactly, there is no USB port (I think you can expose one but hell no, it would be like adding on a JTAG port to a Cisco Router... F That!) so I rebooted the Apple TV and crossed my fingers and NO STILL THE SAME CRAP...

So I exited Kodi, and began working on the control settings of the Remote.  What helped me significantly, well at least enough to permit me to configure Kodi in settings was:

Go to Settings->Remotes and Devices->Touch Surface Tracking and change it to Slow
next under Settings->Remotes and Devices->ClickPad and change it from Click and Touch to Click Only and restart the Apple TV
I won't lie to you, this wasn't a total fix but it calms things down enough to get a Rhythm going with the Bluetooth Remote and I spent about 4-5 minutes trying to get into the Kodi settings menu with the intention of simply enabling the built in Allow Remote Control via HTTP, Enable Control via uPNP, HTML Remote Interface and then using my phones as Kodi remotes (Check an app called Kore Remote Control available for both Android and iOS) via Kore and then iRemembered there is an app on all iDevices to remote control the Apple TV 4K and on Android Devices you can install "Apple TV RC" which in the end has been my saving grace or Kodi on Apple TV 4Ks.

To summarize, I am still messing about with various configurations and options within Apple TV 4K Settings and within Kodi to try to find a working solution for the Bluetooth Siri Remote but in the meantime:

From an iOS Device use the built in AppleTV Remote app or from an Android install the trial of Apple TV RC, then using the bluetooth Apple Siri Remote under Settings->Remotes and Devices->Devices authorize the Apple TV to work with the respective apps on your phone.

Now use the iOS or Android App Remote control (which works seamlessly) to launch and configure Kodi to enable HTTP Remote Control and uPNP Control and finally install and use the official Kodi Remote - the Kore App which is 100x better than anything else out.

Note that still the only reliable way at the moment to control both all the Apple TV apps and settings plus work Kodi 100% Successfully is to use the iOS Remote App or the Android Apple TV RC application on your phone, which sucks because the Apple Siri BT Remote is cool and all but for now its a mess.  Im betting a little debugging will resolve the issue and in fact if not, I could always write a custom Wedge App which would allow for capture and disposal of errant input signals when Kodi is running but meh this works well enough for me for now Smile_

Hope this helps someone.

Regards,
Mike
aka
iSpikeLee
Hey Y'all!!!

I spoke too soon, it seems if you go into Kodi Settings (expert mode), Input and Disable Controller Support everything with the Apple Siri Remote gets 100% better and well actually works useably.

I went back to the Apple TV Settings and re-enabled Click and Touch, set sensitivity to Medium and rebooted Kodi and the Apple TV and oh yea useable stability Smile

Happy New Year!

-Mike
aka
SpikeLee
(2023-01-23, 05:53)ispikelee Wrote: Hey Y'all!!!

I spoke too soon, it seems if you go into Kodi Settings (expert mode), Input and Disable Controller Support everything with the Apple Siri Remote gets 100% better and well actually works useably.

I went back to the Apple TV Settings and re-enabled Click and Touch, set sensitivity to Medium and rebooted Kodi and the Apple TV and oh yea useable stability Smile

Happy New Year!

-Mike
aka
SpikeLee
Great work, thanks :-).
Go into the Installed Add-On list and disable the Joystick Add-On.
Reboot your Apple TV and you will get a normal usage of your Apple TV remote.
Thank you!  This worked for me.  Nexus is usable now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v20 (Nexus) the control are not stable0