blank-poster
Hi!

I'm using this fantastic skin but there is something that buggs me and thats the
blank-poster images on various places.. I'd like to remove them and just have black.. or something custom. for example on the ".." line where i klick to go up one folder there is this blank-poster image with the very ugly text. If I could remove that I'd be very happy

regards
Max
oscarmax Wrote:Hi!

I'm using this fantastic skin but there is something that buggs me and thats the
blank-poster images on various places.. I'd like to remove them and just have black.. or something custom. for example on the ".." line where i klick to go up one folder there is this blank-poster image with the very ugly text. If I could remove that I'd be very happy

regards
Max

Can you post a screenshot of the ugly one?
Can't speak for oscarmax, but I think this one is pretty ugly:

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:Can't speak for oscarmax, but I think this one is pretty ugly:

I actually quite like that one
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I actually quite like that one

Thats the one Im speaking of! It's ok having on movies when there is no poster/thumb but having them on the other folders and the lines you use for changing directory etc, is not matching the skin high graphical sense.

Not beeing a skinner I don't know how or if it's possible to change this in the xmlConfused or how it can be done!

Help would be grateful!

/max
But that image should only be used for files - not folders?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:But that image should only be used for files - not folders?

This image is shown for example at the 2 dots " .. " which you use to go one step lower in the directory path! This is pretty much the same for all the diff views you can choose from! I would rather have no image for that. The same "no thumb image" is also visible for all the genres,years ect. I can show u with some screenshots.

http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xbmc1ie5.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xbmc2px0.jpg

is it possible to change this?
oscarmax Wrote:This image is shown for example at the 2 dots " .. " which you use to go one step lower in the directory path! This is pretty much the same for all the diff views you can choose from! I would rather have no image for that. The same "no thumb image" is also visible for all the genres,years ect. I can show u with some screenshots.

http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xbmc1ie5.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xbmc2px0.jpg

is it possible to change this?

The first image looks like the Wide view being used for movies? This is not a movie compatible view (it is being used based on the views you used in another skin) so if you select a different view it should avoid such issues.

The second image looks like the Info List view, is this correct? If you change to the List view it will show the image that should show up for the Parent Folder item (the arrow image). I'll have a look at the List Info view and see if it's possible to change it so that it does not use the No Thumb image but uses the correct Parent Folder image instead.

Finally, if the images being used for the Parent Folder aren't what you want to see then an alternative is to go into the Appearance Settings, then choose the View Options and select the Hide Parent Folder items option which means you won't see them at all.
Another way to approach this...

I prefer to use the setting 'disable parent folder items' and use the backspace key, or equivelant on remote.....etc

Feels weird for about five minutes, but it's so intuitive once you get used to it.

And it keeps everything more uniform and pretty i think.

Shorty
ShortySco Wrote:Another way to approach this...

I prefer to use the setting 'disable parent folder items' and use the backspace key, or equivelant on remote.....etc

Feels weird for about five minutes, but it's so intuitive once you get used to it.

And it keeps everything more uniform and pretty i think.

Shorty

Thats was a good suggestion, I tired it before but couldn't find the back.. I think that the backspace button was one of few I didn't try Big Grin
And I agree - I keeps everytijng more uniform and pretty!
This thumbnail is also used in the TV shows for "All Seasons". Is there a way to turn off All seasons, or to change the thumbnail to just a default one for the show. Cheers. Great skin by the way.
cunners Wrote:This thumbnail is also used in the TV shows for "All Seasons". Is there a way to turn off All seasons, or to change the thumbnail to just a default one for the show. Cheers. Great skin by the way.

Yep, have a look in the XBMC wiki (I think it's under advanced settings)
<videolibrary>
<hideallitems> #removes the "*All" items from the video library
true
</hideallitems>
</videolibrary>
mcfreiz Wrote:<videolibrary>
<hideallitems> #removes the "*All" items from the video library
true
</hideallitems>
</videolibrary>

Thanks, I'll try that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help