Disable text over artwork?
I am trying to remove the label that is over the video cover.  It's not there if the view is set to fanart, but is there for panel or icons view.   Is it possible to do this?
Thanks.
(2022-06-03, 01:14)Media_Player Wrote: I am trying to remove the label that is over the video cover.  It's not there if the view is set to fanart, but is there for panel or icons view.   Is it possible to do this?
Thanks.

@Media_Player , are you referring to the label that is shown for videos or episodes, like here:

Or here:

If so, then I will evaluate adding an option to either show it or not.  No promise on ETA, though.

Please confirm this is what you mean.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Yes, that is exactly what I was asking about.  The would be great if at some point you could make it an option.  Thanks for considering it.
@Media_Player , my apologies for the delayed response.  I have added an option to hide the overlay label from the icons/posters/thumbs.  You can find the new option here:

And when you have it set to Yes, the label is not shown anymore, as you can see here:

The changes are already on GitHub.  If you need any assistance upgrading from GitHub, please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
That's great.
Thanks.
I'm not getting it to work for me.  I'm not sure what could be wrong, I'm using the Icons, but I tried the Panel view too.  I got the zip from GitHub (master branch) and in Media views I have Hide overlay set to Yes.  Everything is a new install on Kodi 20. I tried to post pictures, but it looks like I need to use a photo hosting service?
Same here.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable text over artwork?0