How to sort releases by cat nr?
Hey there,

really long time since i last wrote here Smile

However, after some years of absence i decided to continue adding my huge music collection to kodi again. I'm really happy with that ALBUMARTISTSORT addition, helps a lot. Most cases can be fixed with that, lovely. But now, i have a new aspect i want to throw in and hopefully find a solution:

I'm a fan of some labels, means i collect nearly every release of a label i love, for example one of them is HARTHOUSE. I decided to put all releases i got so far in one directory called HARTHOUSE. Within this, releases are separated by folders like this:

Source 
--- Harthouse Releases
--------------------------- (HH 001) (1992) Artist - Release
--------------------------- (HH 002) (1992) Artist - Release

and so on.

For Kodi it looks like "Harthouse Releases" is an artist, and "Artist - Release" is an album of that artist. That's the way i handle it right now. Now the question: how do i get the displaying list of albums to be in order of the catalog numbers (HH 001, HH 002..)?

I tried ALBUMSORT as a tag for them and put HH 001 etc. in them -> no success, it still enforces all albums starting with the same artist to get together in order. But the real order might be "Alter Ego", then "Mikerobenics", then "Spicelab", then again "Alter Ego".
Kodi does Alter Ego, Alter Ego, Mikerobenics, Spicelab instead.

Year tag is also not helpful, as there are many releases within the same year.

So, TLBig GrinR: how can i sort them by catnr?

edit: in case you ask "why the heck does he do this?": To keep the database as small as possible. I don't want an entry for every single artist that released on Harthouse - most of them did supply 1 or 2 12inches, no need to create an artist folder for each of them.

cheers,
azido
cheers,azido :;):
Ok, got it working this way:

Albumartist is set to "Harthouse".
ALBUMARTISTSORT is set as "Harthouse HH 001" and "Harthouse HH 002" and so on,
in library view when entering "Harthouse Releases" sorting displaying content by artists does the trick now.
cheers,azido :;):

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to sort releases by cat nr?0