Feature request for the TMDB TV Shows scraper
See thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3101026

I would like to have the possibility to add a season.nfo file, similar to the tvshow.nfo and episode.nfo files.
TMDB has season summaries for some TV shows but there is currently no way to get them in KODI.

I also could manually add season info if there was a season.nfo file, which supports <plot></plot> tags.

Thanks in advance!

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
No point in adding this to a scraper when season plot isn't even available in Kodi core.
Please read my feature request as applying to KODI core as well then!

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
I know this is an older thread, but I'd like to add support for this request as well.

It would be really helpful for anthology series where different seasons have different storylines. Or in a second use case that I have - there are several asian series "universes" where there are technically 2 or 3 series that where the 2nd or 3rd series is a continuation of series #1 - I curate my own NFOs, and use Local NFO only in Kodi - so currently, I have each of these series as a separate season in a "master series" - each "season" has the correct art for the show and the show's name ends up as the "Season Name" - but the only place for the plot info is in the main series (which means that description can get really long). It would be nice to be able to have a shorter overall plot description for the series and then have a more detailed plot for each subsequent season.
Likewise, I'd like to see this feature.  I think it would allow me to group my Doctor Who (1963 series) videos by story/serial using handrolled nfos (rather than by the 26 x series), which sounds similar to mastertheshadow's use case.
This section is for Kodi core-code features, not for those of addons (including scrapers).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I think the request in terms of core is to add season plot to the database and add the associated Python calls to update that so that a scraper could add it.  The scraper support is obviously a separate thing, but without support in core, the scrapers can't be updated.
Thought I would add a work-round that I'm sure is not going to fly well. but for the dedicated might offer solace. Most of the listing have posters & fanart, even season fanart and anyone with ~photoshop skills could add in text or logos, overlays etc. as a background or change the season covers to reflect what they desire. Might be an effort for sure, but I know WD_video players do it for their set-ups, heck the same convenient software routines might apply here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature request for the TMDB TV Shows scraper0