[REQUEST] Script that make music always play in background
what directory do i put the default.py file.
Created both scripts, placed the default.py script in C:\Users\Pan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata along with the autoexe.py script. gave a location for the media ..C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\She.mp3 by just putting a Jeff Lynne mp3 in the folder. All to no avail so far - still no sound
Um, can someone please let me know where the default.py script goes? as it doesn't work at the moment
I have tried getting this to work in Frodo with no luck.

I understand that autoexec.py wont work with frodo and has to be converted into a addon, So I tried doing this, but I'm not sure that my addon.xml loads the default.py file since nothing happens.

I have created a script.xbmc.bgmusic folder in XBMC addon folder

I can see in the log that the addon installes successfully. The addon also shows up under addons in XBMC, but I can't hear any music, and I get no error either.

This is my addon.xml file

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="script.xbmc.bgmusic"
       name="bgmusic"
       version="0.1"
       provider-name="bgmusic">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>
  </requires>
  <extension point="xbmc.python.script"
             library="default.py">
  </extension>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <platform>all</platform>
    <summary lang="en">bgmusic</summary>
  </extension>
</addon>

I placed the default.py file in the same folder as addon.xml. I am using claimuis revised script above, I have only changed the the media path
This working for anyone yet?
Sounds cool, I'll try to convert it to addon this weekend. Note that I'm not a skilled programmer so it can take a while ;-)
This sounds cool.... anyone have a good ambient music file for this? Something unobtrusive like when you are in a Wii main menu....
Did anyone get this working. I want this so bad. I take fooooooorrrrrrrrever to pick a show. So there is just uncomfortable silence among everyone in the room. I would love to have a playlist of great songs playing. Better yet If it could play hypemachine top songs, spotify or reddit music addons. Thanks.
I'll try to create something today.

Edit:
It seems to be there already
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162230
Thanks so much for the link schumi Smile
Anyone have a plug-in like this for 15.2?
I use 'PartyMode Autostart' addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Script that make music always play in background1