Party Mode
I was wondering how I could extend the SlideShow for a Party.

Combining images with some music interspersed with videos and have it play during a party.

Any Ideas?
It would be good if you can schedule it so it plays videos at certain times and seamlessly does slideshows between scheduled videos.
Have multiple screens with kodi firesticks and they all synchronise so the videos play at the same time because they are scheduled.

What would you like at your party?
You should be able to export your party in a zip file and share it with OneDrive from which you could import a party.
Using Multiple Kodis in different areas of the Party you can have different music with the slide and video to cater for different areas requirements for different age groups or party types.
Its a bit confusing when you are new to a system that is 20 years old.

I set up an earlier version of Kodi on a Rpi and low and behold there was a Party Mode, Since I did a few searches I could not find any reference to it.

So now I will explore what is already there albeit with a blind fold.
(2022-06-16, 04:04)loubro Wrote: Since I did a few searches I could not find any reference to it.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Playlists
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you for your guidance.

Its interesting now that we cross the 20 year threshold.  I got involved with Internet Applications when they came into existence in the late 1990s, how they started out as Open Source developments based on templates and prototypes to encourage application development.

Three that I got involved with were the CMS, Survey, and Forum. The Wiki was a combination of the CMS and Forum. Now the CMS and the Forum have up to 20 years of content, yet there has not been any interface development to help us manage these huge unyielding silos of content. 

The key is data visualisation.

This forum is basically the same technology it started with 20 years ago albeit with little bits functionality but little attention to the elephant in the room who is growing at an accelerating rate.

Thanks again.
(2022-06-16, 06:01)loubro Wrote: interesting now that we cross the 20 year threshold
Unsure what 20 yr threshold you elude to, perhaps it's your activity. Your long laundry lists of requests can largely be worked out with features that Kodi already has built in, check the wiki's top left of this page for your guide. Yes the forum has maintained it's format basically unchanged, should you offer some pointers, there is an area for that. I'm of the persuasion, "if it's not broke, don't fix it", and presently, seems to handle most support questions. settings>media>pictures>show video files in listings.
Bad @PatK Wink don't you know XBMP was first released in 2002 hence project is 20 years old this year

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Party Mode0