How to make the 'Favorites' tab display like the 'Movies' tab
I have Amber on Kodi 19 and have set the horizontal display scheme, as habit from Confluence.

Now I have the Favorites tab populated with lots of favorites. The way to access them is to click on 'Favorites' and then in the new window scroll to the one I want. Another way was to manually add some of those favorites as 'sub menu' items so instead of clicking on 'Favorites' I can click down and scroll through the sub menu items.

I was wondering if it was possible to have the Favorites display like the Movies tab for example, where just by scrolling to the tab, a 'strip' appears with all my favorites (just like movie posters appear in Movies) and I can immediately scroll through them.

Thank you.
(2022-06-17, 10:00)ifelsethenend Wrote: have Amber on Kodi 19 and have set the horizontal display scheme, as habit from Confluence.

Now I have the Favorites tab populated with lots of favorites. The way to access them is to click on 'Favorites' and then in the new window scroll to the one I want. Another way was to manually add some of those favorites as 'sub menu' items so instead of clicking on 'Favorites' I can click down and scroll through the sub menu items.

I was wondering if it was possible to have the Favorites display like the Movies tab for example, where just by scrolling to the tab, a 'strip' appears with all my favorites (just like movie posters appear in Movies) and I can immediately scroll through them.

Thank you.

@ifelsethenend , could you please clarify what you mean by "strip"? A screenshot would be helpful.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Exactly like the one in the 'Screenshots' post in the Amber section of this forum.

This one
https://i.imgur.com/d7hLzhK.jpg

The icons would use either the addon logo, or a radio station logo, or an album cover if it's music, a network folder if it's a shortcut to a NAS. Might even add the ability for the user to use a specific png even (that's more work of course so not that important really).
(2022-06-21, 10:06)ifelsethenend Wrote: Exactly like the one in the 'Screenshots' post in the Amber section of this forum.

This one
https://i.imgur.com/d7hLzhK.jpg

The icons would use either the addon logo, or a radio station logo, or an album cover if it's music, a network folder if it's a shortcut to a NAS. Might even add the ability for the user to use a specific png even (that's more work of course so not that important really).

@ifelsethenend , that is already available in Amber.  You just need to use "Favourites" as the shelf (widget) for any menu item that you want:

In the screenshot above, you can see how it shows for Movies, Addons, Album and a file source.  When you are configuring the shelf, make sure you select Default Shelves, Favourites as your shelf.  

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make the 'Favorites' tab display like the 'Movies' tab0