Reading Windows keyboard buttons for Kodi keboard.xml
I have used Kodi (xmbc)  on Libreelec, OSMC, and Linux for a long time. Most recently most of my dedicated boxes are Libreelec however.

I recently converted a dedicated Kodi Libreelec box to dedicated Kodi Windows 10 Home x86-64. I am trying to conform behavior of my one windows box to the Libreelec boxes. Luckily I discovered the MCERemote addon and that made configuring the remote buttons very easy. Only after using that utility does the remote now adjust Kodi volume and mute (just like libreelec, yay!).   

My remaining issue is the Logitech 400 Keyboad volume and mute controls. It seems they still adjust Windows system volume. I would prefer that they too adjust Kodi volume and Mute. How do I determine what to write into the keyboard.xml to describe these buttons? I think they ultimately need to map to "volume up", "volume down", and "mute", and I know how to make the keyboard.xml, other than identifying the buttons in Windows. 

So how do Identify the vol up / vol down / mute buttons commands in Windows?

On a further note there is one difference I would like to make on the Windows vs Libeelec box, and I have seen some very old discussions on the topic but nothing about Windows 10:
How can I make the MCE "windows" button launch Kodi , for those times it quits and needs a re-launch, or just is not running?
(2022-06-18, 09:30)PDX_Mark Wrote: How can I make the MCE "windows" button launch Kodi , for those times it quits and needs a re-launch, or just is not running?

Not tested but this can help ? :
https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti...indows-10/
I fail to see how that has anything to do with launching an app from a remote key
(2022-06-23, 05:47)PDX_Mark Wrote: I fail to see how that has anything to do with launching an app from a remote key
sorry for the confuse. 
This is a misunderstanding on my part of your need.
So indeed my post don't help you at all ...

You will certainly already read this :
https://kodi.wiki/view/Using_an_MCE_remo...in_Windows

Good luck in you research
(2022-06-18, 09:30)PDX_Mark Wrote: I have used Kodi (xmbc)  on Libreelec, OSMC, and Linux for a long time. Most recently most of my dedicated boxes are Libreelec however.

I recently converted a dedicated Kodi Libreelec box to dedicated Kodi Windows 10 Home x86-64. I am trying to conform behavior of my one windows box to the Libreelec boxes. Luckily I discovered the MCERemote addon and that made configuring the remote buttons very easy. Only after using that utility does the remote now adjust Kodi volume and mute (just like libreelec, yay!).   

My remaining issue is the Logitech 400 Keyboad volume and mute controls. It seems they still adjust Windows system volume. I would prefer that they too adjust Kodi volume and Mute. How do I determine what to write into the keyboard.xml to describe these buttons? I think they ultimately need to map to "volume up", "volume down", and "mute", and I know how to make the keyboard.xml, other than identifying the buttons in Windows. 

So how do Identify the vol up / vol down / mute buttons commands in Windows?

On a further note there is one difference I would like to make on the Windows vs Libeelec box, and I have seen some very old discussions on the topic but nothing about Windows 10:
How can I make the MCE "windows" button launch Kodi , for those times it quits and needs a re-launch, or just is not running?

advanced mce remote mapper will enable you to re-purpose the MCE green button, i use it. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164252

as for your volume query, i have the exact same keyboard as you, i'll look into it tomorrow for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reading Windows keyboard buttons for Kodi keboard.xml0