Solved Broken Art Websites - Really Annoyed with Knuckleheads.
Thumbs Down 
Hey There, 
Don't know if anyone else is having a problem with this, I am and am really annoyed with the continual problems. Trying to keep Kodi looking Lovely is a full time job. I am sick and tired of Working on Artwork all day to add to releases to have halfwits tell me, no thats no good, that looks cropped, that looks pixelated, that looks like you left a damn pixel out of his eye when zoomed in on my electron microscope.
Sites that complain there is a problem with quality when i tested them by taking an image from another complain complain site and uploaded it as a test. OOOhhhh not good enough.... Hmmmm
Sites that have 1 poor poster and nothing else. Fix them all up and get denied for various reasons. I am sick and tired of trying to help these clowns by keeping their databases up to date and getting spat in the face for it. They want to stuff their websites, fine, but they are runing Kodi for others.
I have had these problems for a long time now, and Im sure there is a few images where i say, yeah i could have done that better. But really, I hate poor quality crap too so this is not done on purpose. It is trying to fix these databases so they are complete. But most of all so when i add a movie it scrapes all the correct artwork and info.
There is not one Decent Database out the that can be used.
TMDB is full of clowns, don't even start me there.
Fan Art TV uses odd shaped pictures and won't listen to any input.
TVDB block images for various reasons, without reason.
Trying to work with IMDB is just a womplete waste of Fn time.
So because of all this Garbage, I have a constantly incomplete looking KODI. That S#!Ts me right off.
All this because I told one FWit moderator on the TVDB what a clown he was and where he could go.

Now, that that rant is over, I believe there is a scraper that will use my artwork from the folder that the movie is in on my hard drive. I wan't to use that. Just scrape the plot from IMDB or something such. I've looked around but can't find anything that works.
Other than that, anyone want to show me a Blank website design, I'll start populating it properly upload it and set it up Free for all to use.
Can anyone tell how angry i am at the moment.
Hmmmm.

Oh and by the way, after loading movie data to the TVDB yesterday, hours and hours of work, the V4 Scraper wouldn't work anyway. Error Error Error Error.
(2022-06-20, 04:15)OzDrDj Wrote: Can anyone tell how angry i am at the moment.

Sure.

However, coming onto our forum to rant about people on other forums being "clowns", "knuckleheads", "halfwits", "fwits" and what else you almost wanted to type as well, doesn't really help you with your problem.
(2022-06-20, 04:15)OzDrDj Wrote: I believe there is a scraper that will use my artwork from the folder that the movie is in on my hard drive. I wan't to use that. Just scrape the plot from IMDB or something such. I've looked around but can't find anything that works.
No, there is no scraper that does this. Kodi does this by default. If you artwork is correctly named and saved, then Kodi will find it and use it.
Save your artwork in your movie folder, then use a scraper to download the metadata and at the same time Kodi will use the local artwork. No special scraper needed.

(2022-06-20, 04:15)OzDrDj Wrote: Oh and by the way, after loading movie data to the TVDB yesterday, hours and hours of work, the V4 Scraper wouldn't work anyway. Error Error Error Error.
Provide a Debug Log, and I am sure the TVDB team like @tvdb-scott  will look at it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry for the Rant, and hell yeah, didnt know Kodi would use my artwork by default. After much mucking around Backing up entire movie folder, trying different renaming techniques here and there, after a couple of complete rebuilds of the filesystem, I got it right. Now all 3700ish movies have proper filenames and artwork. Hoorah.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broken Art Websites - Really Annoyed with Knuckleheads.0