Kore unable to find Kodi
Hello everyone.

While I realize the subject line is common, the other fixes haven't worked for me.  

Running Kodi 18.7 on a Raspberry Pi.  Had been running for a year without issue.  All the sudden, sometime in the last month, Kore can no longer connect.  No known changes.  No known issues.

Using Andriod Phone Kore app for connectivity.  

Current settings:
  1. Validating IP and Port are correct. 
    1. Kodi:  192.168.1.111:8080
    2. Phone IP:  192.168.86.55
  2. Validated Kodi is configured correctly
    1. System > Services > General > Zeroconf = Enabled
    2. System > Services > Control 
      1. Web Server
        1. Allow remote control via HTTP = Enabled
        2. Port = 8080
        3. UserName = Kodi
        4. Password = <not gonna say here.  Tongue >
        5. enable ssl = Disabled
      2. Application Control
        1. Allow remote control from application on this system = enabled
        2. Allow remote control from applications on other systems = enable
Things I've tried:
  1. Delete entry in Kore and reconfiguring
    1. First attempted auto discovery.  No go
    2. Attempted to manually enter information (ip/port/user/password)
      1. Attempted to add MAC Address in advanced setting
  2. Delete and reinstall Kore on my Andriod phone
  3. Disabling Firewall - disable ufw firewall. 
    1. Originally had a rule that all internal traffic would be allowed in  192.168.0.0/16, which worked.
  4. Uninstall and re-install Kodi on the raspberry pi.  This didn't remove the config as when I re-installed, my prior configs where still there, but I did do an:  apt remove kodi / apt install kodi

Anyone have any other suggestions and/or ideas on what could be going on and what I can do to resolve the issue?

Appreciate all of your support.

Skippy
Those settings are correct, so it should work, except if something on your network is preventing communication.

I would suggest:
- Disable authentication on kodi. Shouldn't make a difference, but worth a try
- Are you able to access kodi via the web interface on another computer? Try navigating to 192.168.1.11:8080 from your desktop and see if you get the web interface
- Zeroconf can be tricky, so you need to rely on manually entering the information on Kore, which you already seem to be doing.
Apologies for the delay.  Forgot to subscribe to updates.

Hmmm, so I can connect from my desktop, which is a wired connection, but cannot from my phone, which is wifi.  Will the web portal show in a phone web browser?  Going to dig into this a bit more, but confirmation would be nice.

Sincerely,

Skippy
"SkippyTheBeerCan“ Wrote:Will the web portal show in a phone web browser?  Going to dig into this a bit more, but confirmation would be nice.
Yes, this will work from your phone‘s web browser.
(2022-06-24, 16:26)SkippyTheBeerCan Wrote: Validating IP and Port are correct. 
  1. Kodi:  192.168.1.111:8080

2. Phone IP:  192.168.86.55

I am late to the party but if you are still having problems, your IP addresses could be the culprits. Just how big is your network? Is your network adress 192.168.0.0? Meaning devices on the network can be assigned any address from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.255.254, supporting over 60k devices. That would explain why the Raspberry Pi running Kodi has an address of 192.168.1.111 while the phone has 192.168.86.55. 

If that is the case, then confirm your subnets. Your Ras Pi IP should be 192.168.1.111/16 and phone 192.168.86.55/16 aka both should have a subnet of 255.255.0.0 and share the same gateway.

If any of the 2 devices don't have a subnet of 255.255.0.0 then, your phone and Ras Pi are on different subnets. Actually, these could be 2 completely different networks. 

This could explain why your desktop can access the Pi while the phone cannot. It is likely the Pi and desktop share the same network since it is wired while the phone using WiFi is on a seperate network.

If any of the two devices also have a network setting to choose whether the network is Public or Private, set them both to Private network. This way, device firewall is tuned down to allow traffic within the network.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kore unable to find Kodi0