Req Looking for suggestions - rebuilding my HTPC
(2022-07-11, 14:42)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-07-11, 14:34)bearhntr Wrote: I really want to change these 'Queen's English' menu items.  IMHO - when I chose US as my region, it should have done it for me.

Changing the region to US only applies to time zone settings and format. For language translations you'll need to set Settings / Interface / Regional / Language to English (US).

FYI, here is a sample of the Weblate content showing the English (US) translations:
I will have to look for that - I am hoping that is all I need to do.  I could have sworn that I went through every menu option and set everything to US.  While I do prefer 24-time and EU Date Format (DD/MM/YYYY) - I like the menu items to be US.  :-)  

Is there some sort of RDP (remote desktop) into KODI ??   I did enable SSH and get that working - but it only takes me to a 'console/terminal' type screen.
(2022-07-11, 20:54)bearhntr Wrote: Is there some sort of RDP (remote desktop) into KODI ??

Nope, there used to be a VNC add-on, but LibreELEC has undergone various (video driver) changes in Kodi 19 so it may no longer be available or work.
A number of settings can be done via Kodi's web-interface, but I haven't used that myself for quite some time, so I wouldn't know what is possible these days.
@Klojum 

Changing the region to US only applies to time zone settings and format. For language translations you'll need to set Settings / Interface / Regional / Language to English (US).

WOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!    You Da Man (or WOMAN just to cover my bases) --   That did it.   

I do not want to get scolded again....I have seen a few videos which show accessing some "automations (they say wizard)" which adds a lot of the add-ons and skins etc.  Are those easy to use?  Are there specific repositories which are 'supported' or 'recommended'??   I would like to have AMAZON PRIME VIDEO, NETFLIX, THE CW, HULU, HBOMAX, DISNEY+, PARAMOUNT+ and PEACOCK -- all of the streaming services that I pay for.  Are these easy to add?
(2022-07-11, 21:10)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-07-11, 20:54)bearhntr Wrote: Is there some sort of RDP (remote desktop) into KODI ??

Nope, there used to be a VNC add-on, but LibreELEC has undergone various (video driver) changes in Kodi 19 so it may no longer be available or work.
A number of settings can be done via Kodi's web-interface, but I haven't used that myself for quite some time, so I wouldn't know what is possible these days.

I guess I need to investigate the web interface.  

Still looking at options for remote keyboard and possibly game controller (would love to add some of the old ATARI, PlayStation and Commodore games).
(2022-07-11, 21:11)bearhntr Wrote: I do not want to get scolded again....I have seen a few videos which show accessing some "automations (they say wizard)" which adds a lot of the add-ons and skins etc.  Are those easy to use?
This forum offers no support to 3rd party 'builds' or 'wizards', as those from experience typically include some form of video piracy modules. And we want no part of them.

(2022-07-11, 21:11)bearhntr Wrote: I would like to have AMAZON PRIME VIDEO, NETFLIX, THE CW, HULU, HBOMAX, DISNEY+, PARAMOUNT+ and PEACOCK -- all of the streaming services that I pay for.  Are these easy to add?
Certain add-on solutions for some of the above mentioned services are available or linked via the forum. However, none of them are official add-ons because of Kodi's "reputation". For now, most of them are basically just tolerated.
(2022-07-11, 21:18)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-07-11, 21:11)bearhntr Wrote: I do not want to get scolded again....I have seen a few videos which show accessing some "automations (they say wizard)" which adds a lot of the add-ons and skins etc.  Are those easy to use?
This forum offers no support to 3rd party 'builds' or 'wizards', as those from experience typically include some form of video piracy modules. And we want no part of them.

Which is why I asked --  I am not into the piracy stuff either - (do not want a scolding)  
(2022-07-11, 21:11)bearhntr Wrote: I would like to have AMAZON PRIME VIDEO, NETFLIX, THE CW, HULU, HBOMAX, DISNEY+, PARAMOUNT+ and PEACOCK -- all of the streaming services that I pay for.  Are these easy to add?

Certain add-on solutions for some of the above mentioned services are available or linked via the forum. However, none of them are official add-ons because of Kodi's "reputation". For now, most of them are basically just tolerated.

Any suggestions on how to get started with those?  Basically what I want to do is replace my 'main TV" Amazon Fire Stick - which is 'constantly' running out of space with a better HTPC option (being that I am a 'cord-cutter')  Shame that AMZ is so stingy and do not make a FS version that runs on a PC.... LOL
You'll need to use the search option on this forum as well as on the LibreELEC forum. I don't use any of the tv services you mentioned myself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for suggestions - rebuilding my HTPC0