Allow more control of default context menu items from addons
Kodi add by default some context menus
and these are out-of-control of the python addons

I am referring specifically to these:
- Add/Remove to favourites
- Mark as unwatched / Mark as watched

Add/Remove to favourites:
There are situations in an addon that we would avoid allow that an user add to favourites some special ListItem's
for example items of a menu used to set a profile of a VOD service,
in this situation an user should not be allowed to add to favourites these special listitems,
to prevent incorrect use of the addon itself.
therefore the request is to allow the addon to decide which listitems can have this context menu

Mark as unwatched / Mark as watched:
This context menu works only if an addon do not use overrides in ListItems (so PlayCount and ResumeTime)
otherwise these menus operate falsely

watched status override example:
python:
list_item.setInfo('video': {'playcount': 0})
list_item.setProperty('ResumeTime', 1500)
list_item.setProperty('TotalTime', 3000)

nowadays there are many addons that use watched status overrides to set the watched status according to the VOD service data,
these menus are apparently unusable, but if an user try use it, the value in the database is changed anyway (although not displayed)
it would be good to have a way to hiding this menu on listitems with overrides
and/or have a way to intercept the event of this menu from the addon, so that it can be handled in a customised way by each addon,
then have full control by allowing these menus to be usable to the final user, otherwise unnecessarily displayed, because they are "noop"
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
Excellent feature request.  Having the ability to hide some of these context menu items from a Python addon for listitems would be great for the very reasons you mention.  I believe there was an option in the past to remove some context menu items and that feature has since been removed.  I suspect it may have been too broad and folks were removing more core context menu items.  I hope this gets implemented.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2022-07-11, 13:41)CastagnaIT Wrote: Kodi add by default some context menus
and these are out-of-control of the python addons
In future versions of kodi do you think there will ever be the functionality to be able to remove items from the default context menu?

There was talk of a possible arrival of this feature in kodi 20 but this was not the case, I hope it will come in the future.

The context menu is getting too big, why is there still no option to remove some items that are not needed?
If i helped you, you can thank me with a thumbs up 👍 below, thanks 🙏.
Kodi 20.x stable release | Skin Confluence (by Jezz_X)
I like editing skins ❤
(2023-03-23, 14:29)Andrea1998 Wrote: In future versions of kodi do you think there will ever be the functionality to be able to remove items from the default context menu?

There was talk of a possible arrival of this feature in kodi 20 but this was not the case, I hope it will come in the future.

The context menu is getting too big, why is there still no option to remove some items that are not needed?

I've resorted to nesting my context menus to avoid them getting too big.  It isn't perfect but my only option at this time.  The bigger challenge is that I have context menu items which conflict or supersedes  some of the defaults, which can cause confusion for the users early on.. 

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
I meant kodi default context menu...
If i helped you, you can thank me with a thumbs up 👍 below, thanks 🙏.
Kodi 20.x stable release | Skin Confluence (by Jezz_X)
I like editing skins ❤
(2023-03-23, 17:26)Andrea1998 Wrote: I meant kodi default context menu...

I did too for library and listitems.  I'd like to be able to remove Mark as watched/unwatched and Reset Resume Position, at a minimum.

Jeff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow more control of default context menu items from addons0