Solved Manual stream selection and Netflix 4K not working?
Hi, I'm using a Fire TV 4K Max with Kodi 19.4 and some streaming platforms addons. HBO Max and Disney+ addons ask me to choose resolution/stream before playing a title (I'm not sure if those addons use InputStream adaptative addon). Also, HBO Max and Disney+ addons auto switch my TV to 4K when the content is in that resolution, otherwise Kodi is configured in 1080p by default.

But, for Prime Video and Netflix, that AFAIK use InputStream adaptative addon, I have no selection popup before playing a title, and also, in the case of Netflix (I think Prime Video has issues with 4K so let's keep him apart from my issue for now) 4K is not playing. It just stays on 1080p. I may understand that, if I can't select the 4K option manually, Netflix addon will default to 1080p for some reason, but, is the "Manually select input stream" option in the InputStream adaptative addon broken? I can't select anything.

All is configured to max resolution, use 4K/HEVC/x265, etc... I guess it's not a Widevine problem as my device is authorized and other platforms plays 4K well.

Now, I'm not sure if this is a Netflix addon issue or an InputStream adaptative addon issue, since I'm not getting a stream selection popup and that seems to be an option of this addon.

Any ideas? Thanks!
The stream selection popup you see in hbo max, disney etc. are all a feature of addons in the slyguy repo.
Inputstream.adaptive in Kodi 20 has this feature built in (selectable in the options).

The "Manually select input stream" option in Kodi 19 allows stream selection to happen after playback has started - you can do it via the on screen display menu i.e press enter/ok to bring up the OSD, click the settings icon, go to Video Settings and the first list item lets you choose another video stream to switch to.
(2022-07-19, 15:01)glennguy Wrote: The stream selection popup you see in hbo max, disney etc. are all a feature of addons in the slyguy repo.
Inputstream.adaptive in Kodi 20 has this feature built in (selectable in the options).

The "Manually select input stream" option in Kodi 19 allows stream selection to happen after playback has started - you can do it via the on screen display menu i.e press enter/ok to bring up the OSD, click the settings icon, go to Video Settings and the first list item lets you choose another video stream to switch to.

Yes, I just noticed that today. Nevertheless, the highest option I get is 1920x1080 on 4K content on Netflix. I guess now it's an addon issue, right?
(2022-07-19, 15:18)Sobrado Wrote:
(2022-07-19, 15:01)glennguy Wrote: The stream selection popup you see in hbo max, disney etc. are all a feature of addons in the slyguy repo.

Yes, I just noticed that today. Nevertheless, the highest option I get is 1920x1080 on 4K content on Netflix. I guess now it's an addon issue, right?

if nfx 4k do not works means you have wrong settings somewhere
follow Wiki instructions: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...back-at-4k
Dev-Maintainer of Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2022-07-19, 16:11)CastagnaIT Wrote: if nfx 4k do not works means you have wrong settings somewhere
follow Wiki instructions: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...back-at-4k

Thanks for the response, but I'm afraid I already tried all that. Right now I'm on vacation and my current TV is not 4K, but I will try again as soon as I get home Smile
Went back from vacations and tried it. Now it works. I think I had to enable/modify some settings that were not that way before. Maybe something changed on Netflix's end? In any case, it is solved now, thanks to all!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manual stream selection and Netflix 4K not working?0