Skin not properly working in Kodi 20 alpha2 release
I'm in the process of changing from RPi3 to RPi4. I've decided to use the Metropolis skin and on first trying it was fine. It was fine until the Kodi alpha2 release but with that it isn't.

I use Videos - Files rather than movies and none of the file directory lists are showing. They are there and Metropolis knows it since it shows the counts in the top right but the actual list of directories and files is missing.

Can anyone help me.
It doesn't look there's a version for Kodi 20.
Official answer is that Metropolis doesn't work with Kodi 20 yet.

It's some kind of bug related to timing with that version of Kodi I think or something that needs to be updated in Metropolis.

Disregard this quick fix, it didn't fix the root of the issue, see the post down further to see a better quick fix.
To make it work right now remove these lines in Includes_Animations.xml :

Code:
    <include name="Animation_NavMenu">
    <animation type="Conditional" condition="!ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus()">
        <effect type="zoom" start="100" end="0" center="auto" tween="back" easing="in" time="400" />
        <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="400" />
    </animation>
    </include>
 to this:

Code:
    </include>

and then this from this:

Code:
    <include name="Animation_OpenCloseFade">
        <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="200">WindowOpen</animation>
        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="200">WindowClose</animation>
    </include>
 to this:

Code:
    </include>

"Can you fix it?" I have no idea what it's doing. It's something about timing, It shows up in the log as "Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't" All windows in Metropolis do that with certain animations now.
"Why does Metropolis behave this way and Estuary doesn't?" I have no idea, likely because they literally are writing the changes to Kodi then to the skin, they know EXACTLY what they are doing, I barely get by.

I'm going to try to find some time to figure out WHY it's not working normally, just not anytime soon, but for sure by the official release of 20.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Many thanks - I shall try that and see what happens.

If its any consolation even the default skin (Estuary - not sure if that's Kodi's default or LibreELEC's) changed. The progress bar is at the top for FF, rewind and pause and some of the information that used to be there (current time & finish time) is missing
Just installed the patch on the 15/07/2022 nightly - brilliant - it also seems to have cured the fact that the cursor keys had to be pressed twice to select the next / previous item on occasions. Thanks again.
It was going well, and then I pressed I for information - it came up but when I dismissed it the list was gone.
Ok, so I figured out where it does it and how to make it work, but why it does what it does is beyond me, perhaps some dev can better explain the connection.

So, go back into Includes_Animations.xml
find this code:

Code:
    <include name="Animation_HiddenByInfo">
        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="200" condition="Window.IsActive(musicinformation) | Window.IsActive(movieinformation) | Window.IsActive(songinformation)">Conditional</animation>
    </include>
and change the "0" to a "2"

Code:
    <include name="Animation_HiddenByInfo">
        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="2" time="200" condition="Window.IsActive(musicinformation) | Window.IsActive(movieinformation) | Window.IsActive(songinformation)">Conditional</animation>
    </include>

while you're at it, go back to 

Code:
    </include>

and change it back to this instead

Code:
    <animation type="Conditional" condition="!ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus()">
        <effect type="zoom" start="100" end="2" center="auto" tween="back" easing="in" time="400" />
        <effect type="fade" start="100" end="2" time="400" />
    </animation>
    </include>

and then change 

Code:
    </include>

back into

Code:
        <animation effect="fade" start="2" end="100" time="200">WindowOpen</animation>
        <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="2" time="200">WindowClose</animation>
    </include>

As you can see, if you take the fade to anything less than 2 it never comes back, I have no idea why it does this.
There are a lot of animations that start and end at 0 so this is likely to pop up everywhere, but for now until a Dev can chime in with WHY this is doing this, we'll just play whack-a-mole as needed to be able to let the Alpha testers continue to use Metropolis as best we can.

UPDATE: Looks like it's a known issue and it looks like the fix is coming to the nightly builds soon.
But why if you ran a nightly from 4 days ago is the bug still there? That fix was supposed to be merged like 10 days ago.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
--but why it does what it does is beyond me--

You're still several up on me there. I took a look at the number of xml files and their content and decided my brain would explode.

I've just downloaded the latest nightly LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220719-3a4dc81.img I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the continuing support
(2022-07-20, 04:13)MacGyver Wrote: UPDATE: Looks like it's a known issue and it looks like the fix is coming to the nightly builds soon.
But why if you ran a nightly from 4 days ago is the bug still there? That fix was supposed to be merged like 10 days ago.

The fix has not been merged. The proposed PR that fixes the reported issue is https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/21645
Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye on it and see when it gets merged then give it a day or two for it to make it into the LibreELEC builds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin not properly working in Kodi 20 alpha2 release0