Music Videos do not display thumbnail even after specifying in nfo
Hello,
I am using Kodi default Estuary skin. After scanning some music videos, the Music videos section shows no thumnails in the Main view.  In the Titles view, thumbnails are not displayed in Wall, Infowall or Wide list views but displayed in Shift view. Thumb is also displayed in the Info view of a music video. If I refresh one music video inside Info section, its thumnail appears thereafter in all views. But I have to refresh all videos individulally to have their thumbnail displayed. Rescanning the directory of videos does not help.

I am storing the thumbnails of each video locally along side the video file with same name and .tbn extension. I have also tried specifying thumb inside nfo file but the above behaviour does not change.

What is the reason for this strange behaviour?
(2022-07-16, 11:47)visakhanc Wrote: and .tbn extension
tbn is no longer used.
Use the actual extension of the image file, eg jpg, png
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the reply. I have used jpg extention also but this time thumnails are not showing in any view, even after cleaning and updating the library.
I am storing the thumb alongside video and nfo files of music video and all music videos in single directory. Is there  something I am doing wrong?
(2022-07-18, 09:13)visakhanc Wrote: Is there  something I am doing wrong?

You may have to clear/delete the thumbnail database (Textures13.db) as well as the userdata/Thumbnails folder for a full thumbs reset.
Once a url reference is in that database, it's difficult to change it. And yes, although .tbn thumbs were just renamed jpg's, they are no longer used.
Sorry for a late reply.
I have cleared cache but as soon as I do a new scan of Music Videos, every video scanned appears blank withou thumbnail, like this:

I have specified the thumb files within nfo file like this:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<musicvideo>
  <title>Mera Mahi Bada Sona</title>
  <artist>Aishwarya Rai Bachchan</artist>
  <album>Dhaai Akshar Prem Ke</album>
  <year>2000</year>
  <genre>Bollywood</genre>
  <thumb aspect="thumb">Aishwarya Rai Bachchan - Mera Mahi Bada Sona - Dhaai Akshar Prem Ke (2000).jpg</thumb>
</musicvideo>

Thumb images are 16:9 and mostly 1280x720 px size.
I have disabled 'generate thumbs from video files' setting to save space.

Any idea as to what's happening?
Forgot to add, each video files are stored in its own directory with nfo and thumb files. The files are stored in remote drive and linked by SMB.
(2022-08-22, 11:09)visakhanc Wrote: <thumb aspect="thumb">Aishwarya Rai Bachchan - Mera Mahi Bada Sona - Dhaai Akshar Prem Ke (2000).jpg</thumb>
You don't need this, and it is wrong anyway.
Name your artwork correctly as shown in the image here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_Video_artwork
Kodi will find it automatically when you scan the music videos into the library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-08-22, 12:06)visakhanc Wrote: Yes, but I am not using any artwork.
I don't really understand this. You are trying to set a thumb which is artwork, but you don't want artwork?

Where does it say to use a thumb for artwork display for music videos?
My Signature
I want to set ONLY a thumb image for each music video file and no other artworks such as poster, landscape etc. Is it possible?
Finally thumbnails are displayed after naming them <video>-thumb.jpg. But even for this to work, each item needs refreshing from the information page. After refreshing one by one, thumbs are appearing in MV home view and title views. 
Now, only if there was a way to mass refresh all music video files...
Only way is edit your musicvideo source to content type none, then back to musicvideo.  Note that Estuary has option in skin settings to display a poster for musicvideo, but falls back to the thumb (1st) or icon (2d) if there is no poster for the musicvideo, but within a 3:2 aspect "box".

But I just let Kodi create the video thumbs for me.  Maybe 5% don't look good (unless you are really picky) so I wrote a script that takes a Kodi screenshot and saves it as a fanart which I then manually assign in the thumb "slot" (also works for episodes).

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Videos do not display thumbnail even after specifying in nfo0