Kodi crashes when fast forwarding recorded TV
I am having trouble with crashes when fast forwarding recorded TV. These are recorded and played through the Kodi interface, with NextPVR as the backend. It seems to particularly happen when fast-forwarding at higher speeds (e.g x16-x32), if I stick to ~x4 it doesn't crash. By crash, I mean the Windows error reporting immediately appears, and Kodi closes. Once it's happened, it seems to happen again at the same point in the recording when fast-forwarding.
I have uploaded a log file here: https://paste.kodi.tv/qozaxidaru.kodi

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance, please let me know if any extra details would be useful.
I would strongly recommend simply using seek instead of fast play but f you really want to start to diagnose what the the issue might be I suggest you see if you can use FF this file from the file system in the Video Library.

Martin
(2022-07-17, 17:13)emveepee Wrote: I would strongly recommend simply using seek instead of fast play

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I am trying to replace Windows Media Centre for my parents so using the remote to fast forward is a high priority if at all possible
(2022-07-17, 17:13)emveepee Wrote: but f you really want to start to diagnose what the the issue might be I suggest you see if you can use FF this file from the file system in the Video Library.
I've hopefully tried this (playing the same recording by going through Video, rather than Recordings, in Kodi). The same thing happens, the log in that case is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ojurusemah.kodi
Good that you narrowed the problem and it is not PVR or NextPVR related.  Seeing the h/w decoder errors my first thought would be to try software decoding.

Also since broadcast mpeg-ts is really only designed for 1x play with no skipping, my other suggestion would be to remux the file to mkv or faststart mp4 and see how that works from the Video Library.  WMC wtv files have additional index information that make skipping act differently.  If those work better you can have NextPVR post process the file for you.

Martin
I've tried switching off "Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2" and that seems to have helped at least with the file I was trying before, I'll see if it still happens on other files and explore remuxing if so

Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes when fast forwarding recorded TV0