Win TV Series Regulars bug on Amber Skin
Hi,

I've been using Kodi/XBMC for a few years now, but have only recently begun refining the NFOs generated as sometimes it doesn't include all the guest stars or actors in a movie.

I've recently decided to change my skin to the AMBER skin for a change. I love the fact it lists actors by TV show, and then the episodes the specifically star in, so that if they're a guest star in a show it'll post when you do a search by actor.

The issue I'm finding, is that it will post the main cast across the entire series and every episode. Prime example I have is that Gates McFadden isn't in Star Trek the Next Generation Season 2, however when you access Star Trek TNG on there, she is listed as appearing in every episode from the first to last episode including season 2, and Diana Muldaur who replaced her for that season, appears across all 7 not just the 1. Is there a way to change this or do I have to physically remove Gates from Season 2, and Diana from Seasons 1,3,4,5,6,7? If I remove her from the Series.nfo file, then it only lists episodes rather than appearing in a series. Is there a code I can put into the NFO to 'hide' the actor from the episode, removing her from the NFO doesn't have any affect it appears, as the Series NFO adds the regular cast at the back of the guest stars so it shows regardless.

In a nutshell, in this example, is there a way of when I click Gates McFadden, it shows Star Trek the Next Generation, appearing in Season 1, Season 3, Season 4... all the way to Season 7 and Diana Muldaur appears with Star Trek the Next Generation but only shows Season 2, not all 178 episodes of the show.

Many thanks in advance Smile
(2022-07-19, 22:34)Paras2012 Wrote: I've recently decided to change my skin to the AMBER skin for a change
I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that there is a AMBER forum and the author is active and supports this skin.
I totally missed it XD thank you for moving the thread for me Smile
(2022-07-19, 22:34)Paras2012 Wrote: I've recently decided to change my skin to the AMBER skin for a change. I love the fact it lists actors by TV show, and then the episodes the specifically star in, so that if they're a guest star in a show it'll post when you do a search by actor.

The issue I'm finding, is that it will post the main cast across the entire series and every episode. Prime example I have is that Gates McFadden isn't in Star Trek the Next Generation Season 2, however when you access Star Trek TNG on there, she is listed as appearing in every episode from the first to last episode including season 2, and Diana Muldaur who replaced her for that season, appears across all 7 not just the 1. Is there a way to change this or do I have to physically remove Gates from Season 2, and Diana from Seasons 1,3,4,5,6,7? If I remove her from the Series.nfo file, then it only lists episodes rather than appearing in a series. Is there a code I can put into the NFO to 'hide' the actor from the episode, removing her from the NFO doesn't have any affect it appears, as the Series NFO adds the regular cast at the back of the guest stars so it shows regardless.

In a nutshell, in this example, is there a way of when I click Gates McFadden, it shows Star Trek the Next Generation, appearing in Season 1, Season 3, Season 4... all the way to Season 7 and Diana Muldaur appears with Star Trek the Next Generation but only shows Season 2, not all 178 episodes of the show.

Many thanks in advance Smile

@Paras2012 , thank you for your feedback.  This is not an Amber issue.  Amber will show whatever is loaded in your db as cast for the episode.  So, if in your NFO (I understand you use NFOs) for the episode, all of the actors are the regular cast and not any guest stars, then that is what will get loaded in the db, and what will show when you select Info for the episode.  If you change the episode NFO (delete the actors you do not want, or add those you do want), make sure that you reload the episode info (use the Refresh button in the video info dialog for the episode).  That way you will see the updated information.

The best way I have found to do these changes on a larger scale (multiple episodes, for example), is to use a media manager to create/update your NFOs.  I use tinymediamanager.

Please let me know if this is helpful.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Cool, will look into it Smile thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Series Regulars bug on Amber Skin0