v19 Album Artwork for Music Videos
Is there currently a way to manually add album artwork to music videos that are not associated with the same audio music artist in the library?
As far as manually browsing for an image, there is nothing to select from the menu when pulling it up on the artist album, like there is on the artist image. Not every music video will have a corresponding song in the music audio library.
I have deliberately made my music videos completely independent from my music audio library by adding brackets around the artist's name for several reasons... this is just one of them. But I still haven't found a work-around for music video albums, regardless of intentionally separating my video from audio libraries... or just simply not having an audio version of every song that I have as a music video.
I think when the link from music video to music was made the intent was to link both to artist and album info in the music library, but the album part of it never was completed.

There are two potential issues:

1.  In album or artist/album node there is no art in the album containers.

To get around this, in my skin I have an invisible list with content from the music library albums.  I then display the music album thumb from this list for the music video album (if no music album then fallback to icon) when container.content is albums.

2.  In music video list there might be poster and fallback to thumb (depends on skin).  Thumb can created as a frame grab when item is first added to library.  Art can supplied like any other video item.

For this in my skin I define arttype "cover" (cover.jpg) for music video.  That is because in skins "poster" typically is displayed in a 2:3 aspect but cover is 1:1, so by using a unique arttype I can design around my desired aspect.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2022-07-22, 23:28)scott967 Wrote: I think when the link from music video to music was made the intent was to link both to artist and album info in the music library, but the album part of it never was completed.

There are two potential issues:

1.  In album or artist/album node there is no art in the album containers.

To get around this, in my skin I have an invisible list with content from the music library albums.  I then display the music album thumb from this list for the music video album (if no music album then fallback to icon) when container.content is albums.

2.  In music video list there might be poster and fallback to thumb (depends on skin).  Thumb can created as a frame grab when item is first added to library.  Art can supplied like any other video item.

For this in my skin I define arttype "cover" (cover.jpg) for music video.  That is because in skins "poster" typically is displayed in a 2:3 aspect but cover is 1:1, so by using a unique arttype I can design around my desired aspect.

scott s.
Thanks for the reply... can you go into more detail on how you get around it? What exactly do you do to make an invisible list and so on...? I use the default Estuary skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album Artwork for Music Videos0