AuraMod LiveTV widget issue
I love this skin, but I am having a great deal of problems clicking on widgets for TV Channels.  I've searched and do not find any other entries like this, so maybe my setup is wrong??

I create the widgets by using recently played widgets choice from the default widgets.  When I use IPTV simple PVR or MAD PVR, I click on the widget and Kodi crashes within 1 or 2 seconds to the my shield desktop.  However, when I use the PlutoTV PVR, the widgets work just fine.  I use IPTV merge for both IPTV simple and MAD PVR, but not PlutoTV PVR which is tied directly to the PlutoTV app.  Note that going into the guide with IPTV simple or MAD PVR works just fine, so no issues with the PVR portion.

One observation I have made is that when making a type choice for the widgets, it defaults to PVR, which I would expect.  However, if you click on the type field and look at the drop down list, no PVR option is available.

One additional wish request is that when viewing the TV Guide, there should be a way to sort results by name, channel, etc, just like there is with TV Channels.

If anyone has had success with PVR widgets, please drop me a hint.  Note that I have followed github wiki installation instructions, both pre and post, to the T.

Thanks
(2022-07-23, 10:32)farnorthman Wrote: I love this skin, but I am having a great deal of problems clicking on widgets for TV Channels.  I've searched and do not find any other entries like this, so maybe my setup is wrong??

I create the widgets by using recently played widgets choice from the default widgets.  When I use IPTV simple PVR or MAD PVR, I click on the widget and Kodi crashes within 1 or 2 seconds to the my shield desktop.  However, when I use the PlutoTV PVR, the widgets work just fine.  I use IPTV merge for both IPTV simple and MAD PVR, but not PlutoTV PVR which is tied directly to the PlutoTV app.  Note that going into the guide with IPTV simple or MAD PVR works just fine, so no issues with the PVR portion.

One observation I have made is that when making a type choice for the widgets, it defaults to PVR, which I would expect.  However, if you click on the type field and look at the drop down list, no PVR option is available.

One additional wish request is that when viewing the TV Guide, there should be a way to sort results by name, channel, etc, just like there is with TV Channels.

If anyone has had success with PVR widgets, please drop me a hint.  Note that I have followed github wiki installation instructions, both pre and post, to the T.

Thanks
OK, figured it out.  This may help someone else.

The LiveTV widgets do not work with the skin helper service widgets.  All of the problems seem to stem from this program.  If you use a helper service widget, changing widgets does not help.  You will need to delete whatever entry you made for this widget.  That should resolve any issues.

Too bad because the helper widgets are exactly what I needed.  Going back to the common widgets resolves my issues.
Could you post this issue in:
https://github.com/SerpentDrago/skin.auramod/issues

Please try to post with logs and pictures, so we can get a better understanding of what's going on.

You can post them here too, if you'd like.
It just helps when all issues are in one spot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AuraMod LiveTV widget issue0