TMDB python
Because the old TMDB python scraper stopped working for me in the last couple of weeks I switched my movie library over to the newer TMDB V4 scraper and it's struggling.

Lots of my files are failing to scan in automatically. When I specifically trigger a file to scan to the collection it reports no information found even on something that should be relatively simple like Avatar.mkv

If I go and rename that file by say inserting a space then the scraper will find the movie but the movie wont play even if renamed back to the original. The majority are working but I've not got a good idea what it is about these problem files that are causing an issue.

I've had to relinquish the TV for the evening but I'll go hunt some logs tomorrow when I can prise the controller from the SO's clutches.
(2022-07-25, 20:17)Saurbaum Wrote: I switched my movie library over to the newer TMDB V4 scraper and it's struggling.
Please check and confirm which scraper you are actually using. The scraper you wrote does not exist.
Also provide a Debug Log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Apologies The TVDB be (Movies) is the scraper. Logs to follow tomorrow.
The TVDB v4 (Movies)

Damned auto correct got me
(2022-07-25, 23:33)Saurbaum Wrote: The TVDB v4 (Movies)

Damned auto correct got me
Ok, that sounds better.

First, what is the problem with the TMDB python scraper? It works for me, and there are no other complaints on the forum.
But I'll wait for the log regarding TVDB.

(2022-07-25, 20:17)Saurbaum Wrote: If I go and rename that file by say inserting a space then the scraper will find the movie but the movie wont play even if renamed back to the original
Yes, you can't change folder and filenames and expect the movie to still play. You need to delete it from the library, then rescan.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The problem I was having with the scraper I'm having with the new one as well it turns out.

For the avoidance of any doubt I have gone back to the original scraper for this test

The Movie Database Python.

In this example I'm trying to "Scan to library" one of many files that that the scraper failed to find. What happens is it brings up the dialog to say it's trying to find it. Then after working for a while it switches to another dialog which says "No information found!" and the only option is OK.

https://paste.kodi.tv/uwitugamum.kodi

---------------------------------------------

I do get that if I change the file names it wont be found and played it's just that if I do while I'm browsing the list of files I've noticed that the scan still fails but then prompts me to enter alternative names to look for which is the dialog I was expecting if it failed the lookup for some reason.
(2022-07-26, 19:22)Saurbaum Wrote: https://paste.kodi.tv/uwitugamum.kodi
You are trying to scan this movie... smb://synology/ftp/Movies/Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.mkv

The scraper is searching for this... Fantastic Beast And Where To Find Them (2016) 720p BluRay x264[Eng+Hindi] - Mafiaking - M2Tv

For some reason you have enabled Video Tags in your settings. Disable it. See item 1d here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
Don't enable this setting unless you know exactly what it does and what it is used for.

As a side note, I recommend you use movie folders.
My Signature
That setting was the issue.

It appeared to be off already in the UI so I toggled it on and off again and it seems happier now thanks.
(2022-07-26, 23:00)Saurbaum Wrote: It appeared to be off already in the UI so I toggled it on and off again
Weird. But great that it is working now.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB python0