Launching the Skip 1s Universal remote by Flirc
But we could build our own hub?

If we use something like home assistant/node red on a Pi. We could send IR signals to the PI and from there get HA to fire off WiFi/Bluetooth/RF/Lights/Automations etc?

Not sure if there's a full Flirc integration for home assistant, but I know you can trigger something on keyboard inputs.
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
(2023-01-28, 00:52)jbinkley60 Wrote: I've been on vacation but when I returned earlier this week my Skip 1 / Flirc order arrived.   Nice looking remote.   I'll try to do some testing over the next few days.   The key for me will be the activities buttons and being able to issue a set of commands to my TV, AVR, Kodi and Roku boxes.  It will be nice to have a backup option to my Harmony 650s.  I'll report back my findings.

I've done an initial setup of the Skip 1s and Flirc USB dongle with a Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreElec.  I have the basics working with some observations.  I need to spend more time trying to do something more advanced with multiple devices and activities.  @natethomas  are you Ok if I summarize my observations here or is there a better forum for feedback

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-02-10, 15:36)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2023-01-28, 00:52)jbinkley60 Wrote: I've been on vacation but when I returned earlier this week my Skip 1 / Flirc order arrived.   Nice looking remote.   I'll try to do some testing over the next few days.   The key for me will be the activities buttons and being able to issue a set of commands to my TV, AVR, Kodi and Roku boxes.  It will be nice to have a backup option to my Harmony 650s.  I'll report back my findings.

I've done an initial setup of the Skip 1s and Flirc USB dongle with a Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreElec.  I have the basics working with some observations.  I need to spend more time trying to do something more advanced with multiple devices and activities.  @natethomas  are you Ok if I summarize my observations here or is there a better forum for feedback

Thanks,

Jeff

Feel free to summarize. I do request than any summary acknowledge that the Skip App software is definitely in beta right now and getting pretty regular updates. If you follow the Flirc forums, you'll know Jason has been pushing out changes almost every day of the work week and often on the weekend. I swear that guy might not have slept in the last year. Smile

If you have specific issues that you'd like us to fix, definitely send those over to the flirc forum.
(2023-02-08, 12:10)TheBuz Wrote: But we could build our own hub?

If we use something like home assistant/node red on a Pi. We could send IR signals to the PI and from there get HA to fire off WiFi/Bluetooth/RF/Lights/Automations etc?

Not sure if there's a full Flirc integration for home assistant, but I know you can trigger something on keyboard inputs.

Yep, nothing stopping anyone from setting up a hub. Flirc USB just sends off keyboard commands. Paul Hibbert (a YouTuber) did something similar a while back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ENl6tBEvCQ
Does it play any better with Flirc USB compared to other remotes? I have issues with a OneForAll which has been working flawlessly for years, and Flirc forum support is nonexistent + lots of problems from the past not addressed. It's hard to be confident in a new product.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launching the Skip 1s Universal remote by Flirc0