Error on Files.GetDirectory for plugin://service.library.data.provider
I received and error report for the iOS Remote App when trying to enter the Video Add-on "Library Data Provider". In this case an error is thrown (Code -32603, "Invalid params."). I tested with Kodi 19.4 on Linux. The App sends

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"plugin://service.library.data.provider","media":"video","properties": ["thumbnail"],"sort":{"ignorearticle":0,"method":"none","order":"ascending"}}, "id":2}

But even reducing the JSON request to

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"plugin://service.library.data.provider"}, "id":2}

results in the same error.

Accessing this add-on via the Chorus web interface ends up in a never-ending "loading". So I guess this is something related to Kodi server.
(2022-07-28, 08:05)Buschel Wrote: I received and error report for the iOS Remote App when trying to enter the Video Add-on "Library Data Provider". In this case an error is thrown (Code -32603, "Invalid params."). I tested with Kodi 19.4 on Linux. The App sends

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"plugin://service.library.data.provider","media":"video","properties": ["thumbnail"],"sort":{"ignorearticle":0,"method":"none","order":"ascending"}}, "id":2}

But even reducing the JSON request to

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"plugin://service.library.data.provider"}, "id":2}

results in the same error.

Accessing this add-on via the Chorus web interface ends up in a never-ending "loading". So I guess this is something related to Kodi server.

hiya i found what the issue is and its the addon , it makes a call to get the thumbnail via thumbnailImage but that has been  removed from kodi xbmcgui.ListItem.

if you go into the addon folder and then open the folder called "resources" then to the folder called "lib" , once there open the file called "router.py"

search for the line that shows this 
python:
liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(label=title, thumbnailImage=thumb)

edit that so it looks like this

python:
liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(label=title)
liz.setArt({'thumb': thumb})

it should work now, let me know how it goes or if you need help editing the file
Thanks, this works best when simply using

python:

In this case the iOS Remote App shows folder images as thumbnails for the first menu level and the movie/tvshow/cover thumbnails the next levels.

https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-ipzjqm.png
https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-i2xjp6.png

Edit: With the script change also the Chorus web interface shows the content as expected.

How does this need to be fixed? In the add-on itself?
@Buschel glad I was able to help.
The reason I put
python :
is because in kodi gui , it shows this

With only this
python :
The gui is like this

Only Noticed the different icon but with the chorus web interface I've notice it doesn't do that and i guess the same with the iSO remote.
I'm going to look into more.

The addon need fixing and updating that info to kodi repo
Thanks, I will also do another quick test tomorrow. Maybe the icon problem is caused by the background color in the DayMode of the iOS App. Light grey icons on white background are difficult. The App uses default icons which work for both day and night design. Maybe I have an alternative solution (automatic background color for icons) — this is already in use for TV and radio station icons.
(2022-07-28, 22:30)Buschel Wrote: Thanks, I will also do another quick test tomorrow. Maybe the icon problem is caused by the background color in the DayMode of the iOS App. Light grey icons on white background are difficult. The App uses default icons which work for both day and night design. Maybe I have an alternative solution (automatic background color for icons) — this is already in use for TV and radio station icons.

You might also want to ensure thumb is being set to the proper image.  I can't see the rest of the code which defines where thumb comes from buy you could write to the logfile the value of thumb and the lisitem title to be sure.  Something like:

xbmc.log('Title is: ' + str(title) + '   Thumb is: ' + str(thumb), xbmc.LOGINFO)

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
I now check the behaviour again when using what you proposed:
python:
The reason for not showing icons for the first level menu of the iOS App is a problem inside the App itself. I will work on this. So, your solution is obviously the correct one and I will also keep using this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error on Files.GetDirectory for plugin://service.library.data.provider0