Official addons repository download statistics?
Does the official repository collect data about the Kodi instances that download from it?. Is that information shared with the add-ons developers community?

For example it would be useful for me to know what's the breakdown of hardware/OS platforms my (subtitle) add-on is used.
I don't have access to most of these platforms so I code testing against just two operating systems, and the Kodi add-ons API/platform provides a great isolation layer between us developers and the actual low level platform bute.g.  I'd like to know in which platforms is it being used so I can decide about new dependencies/features.

Thanks.
I don't think we collect platform information for add-on downloads. But in general, Android should be the platform with most users.

You can get the download stats for every file on our mirrors by appending "?stats" to the URL (e.g. http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/windows/....exe?stats).

As for platform support, I think it is best to keep it agnostic (i.e. avoiding hacks and such).
There is no platform information gathered as almost all addons work on any platform.

The info Sarbes mentions is all that is gathered, and that is simply a dumb download count (if you download the same addon twice in a row, the counter goes up by two). The only differentiation is when there are different versions of the addon (for Leia and for Matrix for example), where those are treated as separate.

Our general policy is to gather as little detailed information on such things as possible, as we really haven't much need for it and we prefer to respect the privacy of our user base.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Official addons repository download statistics?0