Broken Issue: Everytime I try to use an app In Kodi on linux, it keeps freezing/crashing
Hello everyone,  As stated in the title of this thread, everytime I try to  use an app on the linux version of Kodi?, it  may run for awhile unti it completly locks up. Usually it forces me to  log out of the desktop for me to restart it again. Can anyone help me make sense of the crash log to discover the issue at hand

https://paste.kodi.tv/esuxatahec.kodi
Seems like a known issue with Python https://bugs.python.org/issue46461.
What do you suggest is  the best course of action to fix this issue?
Sorry, I asked my questionn to you as a reply to my original post.
Wait for the Python guys to fix this. Or revert to a stable version (3.8 maybe).
(2022-08-06, 15:34)sarbes Wrote: Wait for the Python guys to fix this. Or revert to a stable version (3.8 maybe).

Right now python3 is being upgraded, but it is being "held back'.

Python3-distupgrade being heldback

My guess is that Ubuntu is waiting for the 22.04.1 to be released before upgrading python.

Ubuntu 20.04.1 release being delayed.

I would wait.
Do you least know how I can tell what version of  Python Kodi shoudl use on Linux?
What distro are you running?  Is there an open bug report against its python package?  Arch for example has circumvented several python bugs.  Not sure about your distro.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
(2022-08-06, 16:28)mariojuggernaut Wrote: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Ubuntu 22.04.1 has not been released yet.

Also your log says that you are on 22.04.
I'm not lying about it though. it's literally on my terminal startup screen
Image Screenshot for proof
(2022-08-06, 16:35)jawilljr Wrote: Ubuntu 22.04.1 has not been released yet.

It's only the installer on the Ubuntu ISO that is the problem AFAICT, but the system files have already been updated. There is only a few days difference before actual release. Still, not everyone is running 22.04.1. Myself included. I had ordered new SSDs, but DHL managed to f*ck things up again.
Still wondering  how I shoudl change the verions of python kodi uses
(2022-08-06, 16:20)jawilljr Wrote: Right now python3 is being upgraded, but it is being "held back'.

Python3-distupgrade being heldback
The python3-distupgrade package is not python3. That's the python package for the Ubuntu release upgrader. python3.10 is the source package for python 3.10 on Ubuntu.

There is a bug report for doing a stable release upgrade to python 3.10.5 here: LP1982108. Looks like it's still in regression testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue: Everytime I try to use an app In Kodi on linux, it keeps freezing/crashing0