Clearart and Clearlogo issues
Is anyone else having problems sorry scraping local clearlogos?
As I add them to the movie or TV show folder and rescrape they are added as "logo" and sometimes "logos" as well instead of clearlogo which remains empty or not showing up at all. This results in the skin not picking up the logo until I add it to clearlogo manually. Then it works flawlessly.

I first thought this was a scraper issue, but as it happens to both movies and tv shows which run different scrapers I no longer do. Does anybody else have this problem, or even better, a solution?
(2022-08-04, 00:54)Tobby Wrote: Is anyone else having problems sorry scraping local clearlogos?
How have you named the image?
Anything image related in your advancedsettings.xml file?
What have you set in Artwork settings... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-08-04, 02:08)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-08-04, 00:54)Tobby Wrote: Is anyone else having problems sorry scraping local clearlogos?
What have you set in Artwork settings... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Artwork

The images are named 'logo.png'
Yes, here it is: https://paste.kodi.tv/pamososenu
Artwork level is set to Maximum because for some reason I had even more trouble with the logos when doing a custom setting. If I recall I couldn't even set them manually until I changed it to Maximum.

And here's a debug log of me refreshing a series with a local logo stored: https://paste.kodi.tv/aheqemesat.kodi
(2022-08-04, 08:58)Tobby Wrote: The images are named 'logo.png'
That would be the problem. The image should be named clearlogo.png... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types#clearlogo

(2022-08-04, 08:58)Tobby Wrote: Artwork level is set to Maximum because for some reason I had even more trouble with the logos when doing a custom setting.
Remove those entries from your advancedsettings.xml. Having those entries will override your artwork settings in the settings pages. So either use one or the other. I recommend not using the as.xml method.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-08-04, 09:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-08-04, 08:58)Tobby Wrote: The images are named 'logo.png'
That would be the problem. The image should be named clearlogo.png... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types#clearlogo

(2022-08-04, 08:58)Tobby Wrote: Artwork level is set to Maximum because for some reason I had even more trouble with the logos when doing a custom setting.
Remove those entries from your advancedsettings.xml. Having those entries will override your artwork settings in the settings pages. So either use one or the other. I recommend not using the as.xml method.

Thanks. I will give it a try.

But haven't they been called 'logo.png' before? Or have I had it wrong all this time? There a file called logo.png in the wiki on both the TV show and movie art page. What are those for then?

https://kodi.wiki/view/TV-Show_artwork
(2022-08-04, 09:39)Tobby Wrote: But haven't they been called 'logo.png' before?
They were. It changed in v17(?)

(2022-08-04, 09:39)Tobby Wrote: There a file called logo.png in the wiki on both the TV show and movie art page
Where? I can only see clearlogo.png
My Signature
(2022-08-04, 10:05)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-08-04, 09:39)Tobby Wrote: But haven't they been called 'logo.png' before?
They were. It changed in v17(?)
(2022-08-04, 09:39)Tobby Wrote: There a file called logo.png in the wiki on both the TV show and movie art page
Where? I can only see clearlogo.png

That's reasonable. I haven't used logos or clearart in a few years until this skin was published 

In the image under Local TV Show Artwork

(2022-08-04, 10:21)Tobby Wrote: In the image under Local TV Show Artwork
Ah, bugger. I never noticed when I uploaded that image. I'll replace the image in the next couple of days.

Thanks
My Signature
(2022-08-04, 11:04)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-08-04, 10:21)Tobby Wrote: In the image under Local TV Show Artwork
Ah, bugger. I never noticed when I uploaded that image. I'll replace the image in the next couple of days.

Thanks

There's one on the image on the Movie artwork page aswell. 

Thanks yourself for the support. Everything works now.
(2022-08-04, 02:08)Karellen Wrote:
Also having trouble with clearlogos from media library. Named correctly, have tried both, artwork set to Maximum and using advanced settings xml with whitelist. Rescanned all my tvshows and still not showing on OSD.

Edit: appears to be a problem with either android or shield as same file shows ok on pc.
@Tobby
I've split your posts as it was not really skin related.
Haven't replaced the images yet, but will today or tomorrow. Thanks.

@Blackysb
(2022-08-07, 16:30)Blackysb Wrote: artwork set to Maximum and using advanced settings xml with whitelist
Don't use both together. Use either one or the other otherwise they cancel each other out. Use the method in the Settings pages.
Remove those artwork entries from advancedsettings.xml file. Restart Kodi then ensure your artwork settings are set to Maximum.

Where is your artwork coming from - local artwork or scraped?
My Signature
(2022-08-08, 01:34)Karellen Wrote: @Tobby
I've split your posts as it was not really skin related.
Haven't replaced the images yet, but will today or tomorrow. Thanks.

@Blackysb
(2022-08-07, 16:30)Blackysb Wrote: artwork set to Maximum and using advanced settings xml with whitelist
Don't use both together. Use either one or the other otherwise they cancel each other out. Use the method in the Settings pages.
Remove those artwork entries from advancedsettings.xml file. Restart Kodi then ensure your artwork settings are set to Maximum.

Where is your artwork coming from - local artwork or scraped?
Thanks for your reply. No I didn't use them together. I originally had artwork set to maximum but tried the advanced setting method when I found the clearlogos not showing. 
I then removed the advanced setting xml, rebuilt database with artwork set to maximum. Artwork is coming from local files. The only place they don't show is in the osd. When using the same file over smb share on the same skin on pc they show, on android they don't.
@Blackysb

Sounds weird.
Which skin are you using on Android?
What version Kodi?
Can you provide a screenshot of one of your movie folders so we can clearly see the contents- video files, artwork and anything else.
My Signature
@Karellen  I have done  a bit more investigation and I think the affected files are after a scrape from tiny media manager that had a recent update. 
Doesn't explain why it still shows on pc and not on android, using AH2 skin on 19.4.
I'll try scraping with media companion and see if that makes a difference. I'll report back.
Tried scraping with both tiny media and media companion, made no difference.
Changed the content source between local and tmdb, made no difference.
Every changed I closed kodi cleared cache and thumbnails, made no difference.
After each change tried on pc and image showed ok in osd.
Switched to estuary on android using same file and clearlogo shows at the top, so I'm now convinced it's a skin issue as after using estuary and switching back to AH2, even while still playing it doesn't show. I've also closed everything down, rebooted into AH2 and still doesn't show.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clearart and Clearlogo issues0