Solved New install Kodi 19.4 on Windows 11 (stopped after 20 minutes)
Hello,
sorry by advance for my english...
I have just buy a Beelink SEi i5 and install Kodi on it but after 20 minutes he crash, eaven if i do nothing... and I don't understand why...

1. kodi-19.4-Matrix-x64
2. Windows Version : Windows 11 pro 21H2
3. CPU/Architecture :  8th Generation Intel Coffee Lake i5-8259U, 2.3GHz,Turbo 3.8Ghz (4C,8T) Supports 6MB Smart Cache
4. RAM : 16

kodi.log : https://paste.kodi.tv/fevucosigi.kodi
kodi.old.log : https://paste.kodi.tv/yocadotuqa.kodi
Kodi last stacktrace say :
Thread 10004 (process 6944)
# 0
Thread 5668 (process 10176)
# 0

I have also : kodi_crashlog but I don't know how to open it.... Thanks a lot for the helpers !!!
Activate the default Estuary skin, and fully restart Kodi.
See if the crashes continue to appear. Just to be sure.
Tongue 
Hello, I di it skin estuary , restart the htpc , start a movie and windows desktop after +-20 minutes...

I do it whitout debug log and with debug log after always with estuary and I have :

kodi.log  18h41 : https://paste.kodi.tv/owifalezux.kodi
Kodi.old log 18h37 : https://paste.kodi.tv/omiwutaciw.kodi
kodi.log  18h56 : https://paste.kodi.tv/cikucequbo.kodi
Kodi.old log 18h54 : https://paste.kodi.tv/orijozuyoz.kodi

Thanks a lot, seems strange too for me that I see my source in kodi, I will the way... but not in Windows... If it could serve... smb1 disable.

Thanks for help, I can't see tv for days... Tongue
Another problem here : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3107368

perhaps in phase ? if you could understand me ? ... Thanks
(2022-08-11, 17:40)jason777_1 Wrote: but after 20 minutes he crash, eaven if i do nothing.
That's weird, if the 20 minute mark is a constant one.
Are their any timeouts on your SMB server?

(2022-08-11, 19:18)jason777_1 Wrote: perhaps in phase ? if you could understand me ?
Python scrapers are preferred, as XML scrapers are going towards EOL, as those are planned to stop working in the very near future.
(2022-08-11, 21:59)Klojum Wrote: but after 20 minutes he crash, eaven if i do nothing.
That's weird, if the 20 minute mark is a constant one.
Are their any timeouts on your SMB server?

In fact, for the smb, I don't understand however it works but before change my Minix android to i5 Windows, I never had problem of network at home...
But something strange is that Kodi see my source that I have taken of my android (userdata-sources) but when I go in the Windows - network - Windows don't see my sources....

(2022-08-11, 21:59)Klojum Wrote: Python scrapers are preferred, as XML scrapers are going towards EOL, as those are planned to stop working in the very near future.

-tmdb 3.5.14  (cannot be erased)
-tmdb 5.2.6 (cannot be erased)
-tmdb python (installed)
-tvdb (new) (cannot be erased)
-tvdb v4 (installed)

Nothing who changes, bug always , I try again to see anything but it cuts after 10-20 minutes...

please help me , thanks !

Last Kodi debu log without doing anything , just start Kodi ... : https://paste.kodi.tv/ohejiropih.kodi

and I have a lot of kodi-crashlog .dmp but how to share it ?
No problem in the log ? Thanks.
[WS-Discovery]: IP '169.254.106.226' has been inserted into the server list.

Something is off in your network setup. An IP address starting with 169.254 can be the result of two computers fighting for the same IP address.
Hello, I just change my IP adress of the HTPC in my modem in static adress now, and I start again the htpc , I enter in kodi and always the same after 10-20 minutes ..Windows desktop...

Can I do anything else ? Thanks
Quite unusual for the player to crash ~20 minutes in, obviously something is going on in the background or some memory leak is killing you. Let's just put your installation aside (save it for another day) and do a portable install (wiki) plain jane, no add-ons, no networking, no skins, no advanced settings.. just absolutely basic (make one local source with a h264 1080p video inside, this will not effect your present set-up in anyway). Launch from the shortcut with the -p tag and prove out it's functionality and play-ability... wait 25 minutes. If it doesn't crash we will know the issue lies in the tangle code of your  earlier install, if it does crash, then a debug log of that may show the offender. I do note: Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 24Hz, set-up your desktop for 1080p at 60 hz if possible, forgo 4K h265 until we get to the bottom of the issue.
(2022-08-15, 15:56)PatK Wrote: Quite unusual for the player to crash ~20 minutes in, obviously something is going on in the background or some memory leak is killing you. Let's just put your installation aside (save it for another day) and do a portable install (wiki) plain jane, no add-ons, no networking, no skins, no advanced settings.. just absolutely basic (make one local source with a h264 1080p video inside, this will not effect your present set-up in anyway). Launch from the shortcut with the -p tag and prove out it's functionality and play-ability... wait 25 minutes. If it doesn't crash we will know the issue lies in the tangle code of your  earlier install, if it does crash, then a debug log of that may show the offender. I do note: Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 24Hz, set-up your desktop for 1080p at 60 hz if possible, forgo 4K h265 until we get to the bottom of the issue.

Ok , I'm sorry (cause I speak french and It's hard for me to all understand) but I want to be sure because I just test to erase Kodi full. And now, I have already begin to all rescan but with only my skin and my advanced settings... Argg

Can I take the folder Kodi in apdata and put it on another place, and after I try your Kodi portable ? Thanks
(2022-08-15, 16:44)jason777_1 Wrote: Can I take the folder Kodi in apdata and put it on another place, and after I try your Kodi portable ? Thanks
The idea of post #10 is to get a working Kodi without a crash... proving either the first install is compromised (bad) or something else in the hardware/software is not in order. Once we get a working system we can start to copy things like advanced settings, sources and userdata over to the working Kodi with an 'eye' to catch the offending code. I don't recommend a wholesale copy of the entire folder, for fear of bringing bad code along. One step at a time please.
In true, I'm sorry but I don't understand very well...

(2022-08-15, 19:04)PatK Wrote: Once we get a working system we can start to copy things like advanced settings, sources and userdata over to the working Kodi with an 'eye' to catch the offending code.

(2022-08-15, 16:44)jason777_1 Wrote: So I can take the userdata of my Kodi and put it in another place for the moment ...  

(2022-08-15, 19:04)PatK Wrote: I don't recommend a wholesale copy of the entire folder, for fear of bringing bad code along. One step at a time please.

because here You seems to say 'no'...

I would put my folder Kodi in another folder like "test" on my dekstop or in my pictures... after I put your Kodi install new and we see if it is my config and after We will know if this is my config who was the problem...

Like this is good ?
(2022-08-15, 20:21)jason777_1 Wrote: I would put my folder Kodi in another folder like "test" on my dekstop
Yes..  Follow the instructions to install Portable mode (wiki)

put it in a place like C:/Kodi-Matrix
Do NOT run it.
Create a 'shorcut' icon, and in properties of this shortcut add the path with the -p flag.. e.g. C:\Kodi-Matrix\Kodi\kodi.exe -p
Run Kodi by clicking on this icon.

Does it all work...? or crash after 12 minutes?

Crash = something in windows is bad.
Runs = something in Kodi OLD installation is bad.
Hello, sorry for the time...

I have all missed, after have put my desktop shortcut on -p , I go in the windows menu to put it, but no possible to clic right there and after I start Kodi so....

So, I have reset all my new blank HTPC , I do nothing, not even anti-virus. I put new Kodi, I put no skin end no extension, and no artwork dump, I try to put a movieand yesterday, I was finally able to watch a movie !

BUT Today I try

- to put a folder who cames from my NAS and I saw another movie within problem, folder with local only.
- I put the skin and I saw another movie from the same place so no problem of skin.
- I put another folder who was on my other PC (Office PC who is on network at home) Kodi see the PC by smb, but Windows NO.
  And I think that Kodi crash for that !
  I just go on antivirus Windows and desactive it.
  No crash during 25 minutes .... Hope.... and NO.

Help me

Thanksss

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New install Kodi 19.4 on Windows 11 (stopped after 20 minutes)0