v20 Nexus Video database file numbering
I've begun testing addon development with Nexus Alpha 2.  When I look in the Kodi database reference link it says the video database  file name is MyVideos120.db but when I installed the Nexus Alpha 2 release it is creating MyVides121.db.   Is the 121 naming just temporary for the development cycle until full release ?

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
The version is bumped as needed when a feature that changes the db is added. If nothing else is added that changes the db then it'll remain v121.

Look at previous versions for example, Leia was v116 and Matrix was v119 so 3 db changes were done in Matrix dev cycle, and before that Krypton was v107 meaning 9 db changes must have been done in Leia dev cycle.
(2022-08-12, 18:40)jjd-uk Wrote: The version is bumped as needed when a feature that changes the db is added. If nothing else is added that changes the db then it'll remain v121.

Look at previous versions for example, Leia was v116 and Matrix was v119 so 3 db changes were done in Matrix dev cycle, and before that Krypton was v107 meaning 9 db changes must have been done in Leia dev cycle.

No problem.  Thanks for the information.  One other question with regards to v20.  Is there someplace yet which documents the v20 changes like their was with v19 ?  As I do my testing I don't want to bother folks will needless questions.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Do you mean just videodatabase changes? If so keep an eye on https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/mas...tabase.cpp and click on History. However not all code commits will require a db version bump.
(2022-08-12, 19:28)jjd-uk Wrote: Do you mean just videodatabase changes? If so keep an eye on https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/mas...tabase.cpp and click on History. However not all code commits will require a db version bump.

This will be helpful specific to the video database versioning and such but I was thinking of something more like this thread which highlighted things changing to help support moving from Kodi 18 to Kodi 19.  For example I just found this in my log files from testing:

ERROR <general>: Repository add-on plugin.video.myaddon uses old schema definition for the repository extension point! This is no longer supported, please update your addon to use <dir> definitions.
ERROR <general>: Repository add-on plugin.video.myaddon does not have any directory and won't be able to update/serve addons! Please fix the addon.xml definition

I'll fix this issue but just wondering if there is a place with all of the Nexus changes, especially things being deprecated or eliminated. 

Thanks,

Jeff
Ah, there should have been Python API thread for v20 but it seems it was got forgotten. Guess it's probably a bit late now.
Although for Python perhaps the doxygen is being used now to track changes. Perhaps @enen92 might know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus Video database file numbering0