Android recording problems
I'm a first time Kodi user and don't know it well at all and I need some help. I've been playing around with it for about two weeks.

I've traditionally used a windows 7 media centre but I've very reluctantly had to let go of this fantastic system for my TV recording and viewing needs.

I've purchased a Vbox 4144 because it looked to have the functions I needed. Timeshift and recording TV shows with the added bonus of multiple clients.

I discovered straight off the bat that the proprietary Vbox android software is extremely limited and not able to perform to my expectation. I've gone down the path of Kodi and it seems really polished and to have the functionality I need but I'm having a lot of trouble getting it working properly.

The system I have is the Vbox connected to the network via GB LAN and recording to a synology NAS.

I have the Vbox  4144 on the bedroom TV via HDMI and the lounge TV is and android sony TV on the network via GB LAN, I would like to connect one more android tv to the system soon.

Both the Vbox and the sony have the latest version of Kodi android matrix installed and both have TV channels and time shift working correctly with the Vbox configured to record (successfully) to the NAS. 

The problems I'm having in order of priority are:
  1. Once a recording is completed, I can watch it on either Kodi system however I am unable to delete it. Kodo gives an error message: PVR backend error. Check the log for more information about this message. This is a big problem as I obviously need to delete copies of the news etc. If I look in the back end web interface of the Vbox, all the recordings aren't listed but they are in the folder in the NAS. If I deleted them outside of Kodi the listings remain in Kodi bur can't be deleted
  2. If I set a timer to series record on one Kodi system, it seems that the other system is unable to change it or delete it. This is intermitent behaviour it seems sometimes it can be edited but not deleted. I can live with this but ideally all systems should be able to access the timer functions.
  3. The fast forward is very jumpy, doesn't seem to be accurately playing ate 4x or 8x. I can also live with this.
I'm willing to uninstall both Kodi systems and even factory reset the Vbox if needed to get this all working. Hopefully not required. Also willing to try and provide logs in the appropriate way as required.
Please provide a full debug log of trying to delete a recording and I’ll see if I can spot the problem.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
recording problems0