• 3(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows XP with IR Server Suite
I also installed all this and it works great.

The only problem is that my remote now doesn`t function anymore in Windows Media Center 2005 itself. It seems all the controls are completely mapped to XBMC. I already tried unchecking the "Disable all Media Center functions" and then reboot but that doesn`t solve it. Is there a workaround for this?

Until DVB recording stuff gets integrated in XBMC i need Windows Media Center too for recording tv programs so use WMC and XBMC.
enable system keys and reboot and uninstall or stop IRSS
Thanks for the tut, works like a charm!
But my big center play button is not working. What the heck?Instead of that the pause button is working?
Quote:PART 1
Install drivers for windows XP
Make sure that no explanation marks are present in the device driver window
test the remote under windows XP, and check if the mute and volume buttons work under windows XP.

Explain part one properly, how do you install the drivers when the folder contains a lot of folders with random names. Also where can i find the drivers for Windows Vista?
Coeluh Wrote:But my big center play button is not working. What the heck?Instead of that the pause button is working?

PLEASE FIX THE KEY MAPPING~~

THE PLAY BUTTON DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!! (The big play button on the top of the remote)!!!

help!!
the playbutton does work only it adds files to the Queue.

play a file press OK
Queue a file press Play

if you want different keymappings change the mapping
davidw89 Wrote:PLEASE FIX THE KEY MAPPING~~

THE PLAY BUTTON DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!! (The big play button on the top of the remote)!!!

help!!

Take a look at the keymap.xml before shouting Angry

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Take a look at the keymap.xml before shouting Angry
Thanks, it works.
For the ones who like to know:

open it, it's in the system directory of xbmc. You see a line with

Code:
<play>Queue</play>

replace it with

Code:
<play>Play</play>
Is there some way to start up XBMC when you press the Windows button on the remote?
Hi I tried to follow this guide even thou I don’t have a Windows MediaCenter Remote. My setup is a “Antec Fusion v430” witch have Windows MCE & VISTA® compatible IR receiver included for use with remote control , and then I use the “Logitech Harmony 525”.
Is for PART 1, I didn’t know what driver to install but I chosed “USB Human Interface Device” and “Mute” and “Volume” worked but that could have been the case before to (I forgot to test that). Also worth mention is that installing is done by right clicking on the “*.inf” file in cohering folder, with I don’t think everyone knows.
Then I followed the guide just as written and replaced the <remote> part in Keymap.xml with the part provided in the guide.
So can someone with the same setup please make a guide for all us Antec Fusion and Logitech Harmony users, and perhaps upload settings to Logitech database under (Computer/Media Center-PC/Antec/XBMC) if possible.

Kind regards
"<mytv>FullScreen</mytv> <!-- red -->
<myvideo>AspectRatio</myvideo> <!-- green -->
<mymusic>OSD</mymusic> <!-- yellow --
<mypictures>ShowSubtitles</mypictures> <!-- blue --> "

Does anyone know the XBMC commands to add to the xml.. so when you click on the yellow button, it brings XBMC to the music section, etc..

Also whats the difference between using this and eventghost?
Coeluh Wrote:Is there some way to start up XBMC when you press the Windows button on the remote?

Yes there is.
Run Translator (available in IR Server Suite), programs tab, system wide, new.

Swwethip1,
I didn't used this tutorial but a similar one, also found in the forum, and my IRSSmap.xml looks like this:

<mytv>31652</mytv> <!-- red -->
<mymusic>31651</mymusic> <!-- green -->
<mypictures>31650</mypictures> <!-- yellow -->
<myvideo>31649</myvideo> <!-- blue -->

and my Keymap.xml like this:

<myvideo>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</myvideo>
<mymusic>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</mymusic>
<mypictures>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</mypictures>
<mytv>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</mytv>

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Anyone know if IR Server Suite works with others windows programs like Winamp, Media Player Classic...

I try it several times unsuccessful. IR Debug Client receive comands from remote, but others apps don't respond my commands.
Try EventGhost.

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows XP with IR Server Suite0