• 6(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows XP with IR Server Suite
Thanks for the info. I just joined the forum and just installed XBMC so I know nothing about all this stuff. You mention an application that will tell you the code. What is it and you also mention 2 files irssmap.xml and keymap.xml. I do not see them in the IR Server Suite directory. Where might these be? Thanks TerranQ
Thanks for the info. I just joined the forum and just installed XBMC so I know nothing about all this stuff. You mention an application that will tell you the code. What is it and you also mention 2 files irssmap.xml and keymap.xml. I do not see them in the IR Server Suite directory. Where might these be? Thanks TerranQ
Zippo2009 Wrote:I just installed the mediaportal software, but it didn't fix the MS remote control fuctions , nothing is new..... was this software supposed to make all the MS media center remote control buttons all work ?

for example, "volume" up and down still doesn work with this software now installed Huh

You dont install media portal - Just the IR Server Suite which can be found here: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-ser...-irss-165/ - I did post this link on the previous page.

The download will be called IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.4.2.2972.zip

Install and select remote - START, presto working with XBMC.
rgingo Wrote:You mention an application that will tell you the code. What is it
It's called "debug client". It's part of the IRSS.

Quote:and you also mention 2 files irssmap.xml and keymap.xml. I do not see them in the IR Server Suite directory. Where might these be? Thanks TerranQ

the irssmap.xml is the file that tells xbmc what each of your keys is. the keymap.xml is exactly that-the file that maps each of your remote keys. These are not part of the IRSS directory. Once you install IRSS and select your remote on the input service configuration, the irssmap.xml will be created in your "system" folder in the xbmc folder (I believe it's the system folder. Not positive). You can then use the debug client to get the key id for each key on your remote and add them to the irssmap.xml if they're not already present, and then assign them to a function on your keymap.xml.

For example, my * button wasn't mapped, so I opened the debug client and started it. When I pressed my * button, it showed me that the key id for that button was 34212 (for example-not the actual id). I then went to my irssmap.xml and added the following at the bottom:
<star>34212</star>
This tells the system that 34212 is the "star" button

I then went to my keymap.xml, and added the following under <keymap>/<global>/<remote>:
<star>XBMC.PlayerControl(PartyMode)</star>
This tells XBMC that when I press the star button, no matter what screen I'm on, start up the music party mode

Now, Important information:
If you are going to alter your keymap.xml and irssmap.xml, first, make a copy of each and paste it to your userdata folder (Vista is \users\<user name>\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata). This is where you place your custom keymap and irssmap.xml
I was able to find and mess with the Debug program and found the key associations. Also found the file for them. It is called remotes.xml in the application data folder. But unable to find the keymap and irssmap.xml files. I am using Win XP Home. Did a file search with no luck. Checked the application data folders and win system folders with no luck. Any other clues you may have on this. Thanks for all your help.
Have my logitech harmony 525 working well except im trying to allocate a button that will take me to the movie library.

Is there a better way to to go directly to the movie library than using xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,movietitles) atm its no good.. it dosnt take me into the library, it takes me to some random screen that looks like it could be some bad skinning, but im sure its because its not calling the window properly (using aeon showmix). Does anyone have it working properly? TerranQ any ideas?
is there any solution to use any kind of remote with XBMC under Vista64?

I want to purchase a remote for XBMC but want it to work smoothly even when XBMC is not in focus (so one person can browse the internet while xbmc runs on the TV)

thanks in advance
gesh. so frustrating.. can someone explain how to:

PART5
2Confusedtart XBMC with the CMD file "start xbmc with MCE remote support.cmd"

this doesn't make too much sense to me. If you want to start XBMC from command prompt you won't need the .cmd extension. You would just type start xmbc.exe and add parameters if needed. What da hell is the author talking about here ?
I think what the author was trying to convey is that IR Server needs to be open and running for your custom key-maps to work (which would be configured in Translator). The author was merely suggesting a setup that would open IR server along w/ XBMC in 1 step. This is unnecessary if you already have IR server start w/ windows.

At least thats what i think he was trying to say. The wording in the post is a bit confusing.

unknwn Wrote:gesh. so frustrating.. can someone explain how to:

PART5
2Confusedtart XBMC with the CMD file "start xbmc with MCE remote support.cmd"

this doesn't make too much sense to me. If you want to start XBMC from command prompt you won't need the .cmd extension. You would just type start XBMC.exe and add parameters if needed. What da hell is the author talking about here ?
hi everyone i'm using this remote
how ever can't get to work with this config. can anyone suggest an alternative?
I am probably being dense, but I can't seem to get this working.
The links at the beginning of the thread are dead.
Here is what I have done so far.
I am using an XP MCE remote. It's the one pictured on Page one of this thread.

1) Installed XBMC
2) Installed IRSS suite (ver 1.4.2.3120). Configured to run as a service.
3) Setup the IRSS as per the directions at the beginning of this thread. MCE, etc. etc.
4) Verified that there is an IRSSMap.xml file created.

Now, when I start XBMC, I get no response from my MCE remote at all?
One thing that threw me off was start XBMC with the CMD file "start xbmc with MCE remote support.cmd", but I have IRSS running as a service so this should be irrelevant right?

**Note**
When I installed the IR Server Suite, it hosed my remote completely.
Now my remote will not work in Media Portal, and other programs.

Can anyone help?

Eric
if the IRSS suite is anything like EventGhost, this is normal...
With EventGhost, it blocks all IR-commands being sent to the OS because it will handle them all from now on.

In EventGhost you need to activate the XBMC plugin and configure which buttons are supposed to trigger which event on XBMC.
Of course you will also have to activate the event server in the xbmc setting...

hope this helped a bit
Questionario Wrote:if the IRSS suite is anything like EventGhost, this is normal...
With EventGhost, it blocks all IR-commands being sent to the OS because it will handle them all from now on.

In EventGhost you need to activate the XBMC plugin and configure which buttons are supposed to trigger which event on XBMC.
Of course you will also have to activate the event server in the xbmc setting...

hope this helped a bit

Ahh, so is the 'Event Server' settings accessed while XBMC is running (via the front end) or is it in a config file?
EWizard Wrote:Ahh, so is the 'Event Server' settings accessed while XBMC is running (via the front end) or is it in a config file?

Its set within xbmc, not a config file;

See wiki here;

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=EventServer#XBMC
Thanks!
I'll try this tonight.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows XP with IR Server Suite0