Kodi can’t detect my audio (android tv 8) device properly
Why players such as mxplayer can detect my audio device properly, means i can play videos in DD+ (eac3) and atmos (dd+) and dts (from streams kodi) while kodi internal videoplayer can’t do that or is refused by androidtv (sink) driver to not pass it through? Its converted for dd5.1 ( ac3) all the time. Yes, i have all set as passthrough and ac3, eac3 enabled within kodi
You'll need to provide specifics such a a link to your Debug Log replicating the issue to get meaningful assistance. Help us to help you Smile

Right now we know nothing about your setup (apart from you are using an unknown Android TV device on version 8) not even which version of Kodi your are using.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Thanks for reply.

I have similar issue as this guy below thread. Looks that logs are not there yet as I belive I would see the same or at least similar

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357342

I am using tv 55ud6404 (thomson, the same as tcl) with android tv 8 version. Whenever I play DD+ video (also with atmos) from network stream SCC on internal player or mxplayer (which I have now set as external player for KODI) I am getting DD+ or Atmos shown on my receiver (Sonos beam 2), while when I start the SAME movie on internal KODI player DD+ is being converted to max standard 5.1 audio despite whatever I set on KODI player ... so players like MXplayer can access internal audio device, but KODi player not .. :-(

Using last version of KODI 19.4

I can grab the logs what happens when starting DD+ movie asap if you insist, but I am worried that it will be left anyway with result that its bug of Android TV OS like for that guy in thread above, even though other player can do that :-), hopefully not as I think I am not alone with this issue.

Will get back asap with logs.

Thanks
So, I have tried to pull up some logs from Kodi on my Android TV, but I am unable to do so .. I have tried it based on your link, but even after I have enabled all in logging part I can't fins any logs locally on my TV in that specified folder for Android shown in that table :-(

Would you advise how to best pull up the logs please?

Anyway, would it be possible to investigate how come MX Player can play the movies as Atmos (or DD+) while default Kodi VideoPlayer can't? Its not apparently the bug as mentioned in that previous thread I sent as apparently MX Player can do it?

In the meantime I am still trying to pull up the logs ...

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi can’t detect my audio (android tv 8) device properly0