v19 Asking for some help involving menu customizations and directories linking to those
Nvidia shield android tv pro 2019, Kodi 19.4.
I am getting frustrated. How do I add a directory to the side menu item in 19.4?

So, I need Movies 1080p, Movies 4K HDR on the left bar. Exact title.

Problems is
There is only one "Movie" GUI thing, how do I link this to only my Movies 1080p directory? and name it Movies 1080p? And only for my 1080p directory?

How do I add a second menu naming it Movies 4K and linking it to my Movies 4K HDR directory? And only the Movies 4k HDR directory?

The movies selection shows recently added stuff and not a wall of movie posters of my directory on the home page, how do I make when I select the Movie menu, so it shows a wall of poster movies where I can just scroll through down and view.

Also I tried to install library node editor, I cannot add a menu item like Movies 1080p and Movies 4K HDR to the home page left menu sidebar.

So, something like this, I need.

(2022-08-27, 19:56)Most6631 Wrote: I am getting frustrated. How do I add a directory to the side menu item in 19.4?
Which skin are you using?
See.., Custom home items (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-08-27, 20:21)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-08-27, 19:56)Most6631 Wrote: I am getting frustrated. How do I add a directory to the side menu item in 19.4?
Which skin are you using?
See.., Custom home items (wiki)
Well I tried kodi 19.4 default, I tried aeon nox, trying to install Pellucid but it it closes the install window and jumps to the skins window without installing "there it goes downloading after 5 minutes" pellucid.

I am from plex, I am use to just adding a directory and linking that directory to the side bar of media items.

But this is proving to be very difficult on kodi for me unfortunately. 

wanna rip my hair out for something i bet is simple.
Seems to me, no skin can separate 1080p and 4k directories of the files from being together and having menu have movies 1080p and movies 4k, damn thing is converging all the movies into one damn screen. 

I added menu item 4k and 1080p in pellucid and added separate sources. then I got to go through "movies" to get to movies 1080p and movies 4k "smh", then it goes to a file list not a wall of imdb poster images.
Im done fighting with this stupid thing, sorry waste yours and my time over this.

uninstalling going back to plex.
(2022-08-27, 20:55)Most6631 Wrote: uninstalling going back to plex.
Ok.

Did you even read the link I gave you?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-08-27, 21:07)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-08-27, 20:55)Most6631 Wrote: uninstalling going back to plex.
Ok.

Did you even read the link I gave you?

yes, but i dont like any of these gui's, default skin, aeon, pella or w/e, its cool kodi can play hdr that why i experimented, and its cool it can play very large pure mkv hdr files ripped from Bluray discs. unlike emby and others.

these are the only two that can play my HDR files Kodi 19.4 and plex, but plex android tv app is so broken its unbelievable.

nothing is perfect.
Calmed down a bit, reinstalled, so much to doing my hands hurt.

I am running in circles, the pellucid skin, keeps doubling up script skinshortcut's and i cannot find a way to delete it with out wiping kodi app data again and redoing everything again 10 times over.
My patience wore thin, its impossible, i did everything i could, working between a wireless keyboard and the nvidia shield remote with kodi is just annoying, ton of skins that are disappointing, pellucide does not let you switch back to default skin, have to force uninstall to get back default skin, aeon i set all the menu items up on home page they dont work.

Done fighting with it, I'll check back in 5 years.
(2022-08-27, 23:15)Most6631 Wrote: pellucide does not let you switch back to default skin,
Settings (the cog icon at the bottom of the screen
Interface Settings
Skin
Skin
Select new skin from pop up box.

Makes me wonder what else you overlook

Maybe if you had a little patience and asked considered questions, things might work out for you instead of expressing frustration.
My Signature
(2022-08-27, 23:31)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-08-27, 23:15)Most6631 Wrote: pellucide does not let you switch back to default skin,
Settings (the cog icon at the bottom of the screen
Interface Settings
Skin
Skin
Select new skin from pop up box.

Makes me wonder what else you overlook

Maybe if you had a little patience and asked considered questions, things might work out for you instead of expressing frustration.

yep you have to uninstall pellucide to get back to default because if in use, and select "use" on kodi's default theme, nothing happens. uninstall
pellucide worked for me.

i see there is a plex kodi addon but last updated 2021?
I use the skin aeon nox using smart playlist to separate 4k movies and 1080 movies so they have got there own menu.
i have to make so many smart playlists and menu item to create on nox, got 2 done, 15 to go 😔. this sux. what ever beats buggy plex android tv app.
(2022-08-28, 01:49)Most6631 Wrote: i have to make so many smart playlists and menu item to create on nox, got 2 done, 15 to go 😔. this sux. what ever beats buggy plex android tv app.

There are other uPNP options than Plex which are currently supported and have Smart Playlist capabilities to easily set the height of your videos as a Smart Playlist parameter and much more.  Full skin support across all Kodi skins, including both a GUI and native Kodi mode from a single addon and can be run simultaneously.  I author the addon  for Mezzmo and am happy to answer any questions.  The Aeon Nox skin is fully supported.  Just another option to consider.

Here's a quick sample of some playlists in GUI mode.  There's one I created for all of my 4K content.  it took about 5 seconds to build.  I could just as easily add it as a favourite or similar in native mode.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2022-08-27, 19:56)Most6631 Wrote: So, I need Movies 1080p, Movies 4K HDR on the left bar. Exact title.

make smart playlist 1080p

in kodi go to video files select playlist with movies click and add to favourites
open user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata and open favourites.xml 
in home.xml find
xml:
<item>
       <label>$LOCALIZE[342]</label>
       <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/,return)</onclick>
       <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return)</onclick>
       <onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>
       <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[5000]</property>
       <thumb>icons/sidemenu/movies.png</thumb>
       <property name="id">movies</property>
       <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton)</visible>
      </item>
after </item> paste the new menu
you will need to replace <label>playlist</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videos, Copy from favourites  ,return)</onclick> this is the link to the new menu

=================================================
to set the menu path switch to favourites now copy the info for the folder
ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;E:\\Blu-Ray\\&quot;,return)
==============================================
NEW MENU _________________
<item>
       <label>Blu-Ray</label>
       <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;E:\\Blu-Ray\\&quot;,return)</onclick>
       <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[5000]</property>
       <thumb>icons/sidemenu/movies.png</thumb>
       <property name="id">movies</property>
       <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton)</visible>
      </item>

save and test in kodi

skin with skinshortcuts
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=366160

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asking for some help involving menu customizations and directories linking to those0