20 days with out djh_
alpha 14 is still working good for me. I just wonder whats next. I bet that a lot has changed at this point. Look at how fast things changed in the last few alphas just think what 3 weeks can do to aeon.

Nod
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Aeon is dead dude!
ibejaminben Wrote:Aeon is dead dude!

It's a joke, isn't it?! Aeon is the most fantastic skin!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35772
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Get your facts right before you post.

djh_ Wrote:All I'll say is that while development hasn't stopped on Aeon, it is moving on from what you're using at the moment. I'm working with the guy you know as theDeviL, creator of Fluid. Our goal is to breed the Aeon concept with his skills and vision to create the best skin in the world. We'll keep you posted on every major update with screenshots etc, but for the moment we're still tossing ideas back and forth and seeing what's best and what's possible.

The good news is that we're seeing a 1:1 turnaround of concept to code within a day for most of the designs we've tried out. The advantage of doing Aeon for a year is that nothing's really a secret anymore on the code front, so we can focus energy on what really counts: the design. Sorry to anyone expecting incremental updates to "classic" Aeon. All I can say is that your patience will be rewarded. Also, any content you collect for Aeon like backdrops and nfos will be very much accommodated by its successor.

djh_ Wrote:I need to make something explicit when posting this: what you see here is realtime and boasts the full gamut of animation, etc, but is not final. It's not even to be considered a faithful representation of what Aeon's about to become. I'm making it public simply to allay any fears that we're sat on our arses and to give you some insight into how we're doing things. A lot of concepts are being devised, realised, modified and discarded to ensure that this new Aeon arrives complete and in the best possible shape. This, then, is just one of several prototypes we're messing around with and signifies nothing, not even necessarily a direction. Hopefully, though, it gives you a slight impression of the quality bar that's been set and our desire to keep you "in the loop" over the coming weeks. Just think: if this is from the reject bin, what does that bode for the production model?

djh_ Wrote:I wouldn't call it a revision, tbh. Of all the stuff we've toyed with so far, that modified Showcase (we're calling it Skyline 'cause of how it looks when unfocused) is by far the most recognisable. Everything else adheres to the Aeon philosophy (especially its custom backdrop support) but has changed a lot. Hell, I wouldn't even bank on this view looking similar or even appearing at all. Exciting times indeed.
Smile 
djh_

theDeviL

Statistics: Last forum posts have been weeks ago but last activity was today!Shocked
<sarcasm>OH NO what will we ever do without him best close down the whole XBMC project</sarcasm>
Originally Posted by djh_
All I'll say is that while development hasn't stopped on Aeon, it is moving on from what you're using at the moment

(Dead). moving on, no more, gone...
No updates (dead)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post219018

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
20 days with out djh_0