Opening file, buffering and then nothing!
I have a problem with playing ordinary DVD-movies with XBMC. Some movies works as they should and others don't. When I enter a DVD in the DVD-reader and choose "play disc" the menu of the movie pops up. A window then opens almost instantly saying "opening file", displaying the name of the disc and it also says it's "buffering" something. Nothing happens after this and the only option I got is to press cancel which doesn't work.

My system = WinXP Pro (32bit), Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H (integrated Radeon3300), AMD 4850e and 4GB of RAM. XBMC version = Alpha4.

Is this a knonw issue?
Is there a fix for it?

I can provide info from the logfile if needed. Any feedback is welcome!
Hi, and welcome to the forums!

A debug log would be useful, yes.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Too bad it's not possible to upload attachments. Anyway, please PM me your mail-address and I will send you the logfile.

BTW; I actually managed to play a movie I had problems with via the webbrowser.
Post it on pastebin.com and link to it from here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, here we go;

http://pastebin.com/f33ec5b08
Sounds like the same problem I am having. It starts playing the credits then stops. Sometime the whole XBMC locks up and I have to end the program using task manager. Haven't got a DVD .vob file to play smoothly yet.
I have tested the beta-version now and problem remains. I hope the logfile i posted earlier provided some useful info.

I also noticed that there is a work-around. Earlier I just added my DVD-unit as a source and then "right-clicked" on the disk and choosed "play disc". To manage to play a troublesome movie I now just open the disk and chose the VIDEO_TS.IFO to start the movie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opening file, buffering and then nothing!0