what are the black squares purpose?
what are the black squares rectangles purpose (bottom right) of ember?

For genre flags. Enable the Mapping Manager under Modules in settings and set the icon via Tools => Genre Mapping.
(2022-09-04, 09:47)DanCooper Wrote: For genre flags. Enable the Mapping Manager under Modules in settings and set the icon via Tools => Genre Mapping.

It is already enabled.
Can you include the icons built into next version release of ember so we don't need to set them ourselves?
They are included, but you have to set it manually because of the different languages.
(2022-09-05, 00:48)DanCooper Wrote: They are included, but you have to set it manually because of the different languages.
Just checked the genre mapping, and it looks like there is a lot of work if we need to manually set this ourselves.
There is 46 icons to manually set.

Since majority of people would be viewing it in English, and English is a universal language.
  • Can you make default setting/config genre mapping in next update for English and if anyone wants to change it to something else then they can manually do it?
Right now, probably for many people it just showing black squares like mine.

I just checked your icons, and they don't have any labels on it anyway, except for the filenames e.g. comedy.jpg
so not sure why auto set would make any difference because of difference languages.

I also suggestion for some features
  1. Can you add GENRE and AUDIO LANGUAGE in setting > movies > general > movie listing sorting?
    That way we can sort the movie listing by GENRE or by LANGUAGE etc, so we can move those movies into specific GENRE folders or LANGUAGE (e.g. Chinese, French, etc) folders more easily etc.
  2. Can you add tooltip of what that icon genre is that shows when we hover over those genre icons or permanent label on top of those icons?
    It can be hard to Identify what some of those genre icons are.
  3. Add setting to turn off those GENRE black rectangles placeholder, for those who don't have any genre mapping set.
    That way there would be no black rectangles showing if someone does not have genre mapping set or just don't want to see it.
    It would be better to not see any black rectangles which has no meaning if no genre mapping was set.
(2022-09-05, 16:57)madmax2 Wrote: Can you make default setting/config genre mapping in next update for English and if anyone wants to change it to something else then they can manually do it?
The genre mapping is fully based on users database entries, there is no default or pre-set list/file. The inital list will be created on-the-fly when movies/tv shows will be added to the database or when new genres will be scraped. I mean I could add a function to search for images with the same name like a genre, but someting like that isn't on my current to-do list. Feel free to add a feature request on the GitHub page.

(2022-09-05, 16:57)madmax2 Wrote: I just checked your icons, and they don't have any labels on it anyway, except for the filenames e.g. comedy.jpg
so not sure why auto set would make any difference because of difference languages.
Usually the genre text will be shown if you move the mouse over the images, but there is a bug in the current release. Also (not working) there is an option to always show the genre text on these images. The bug is already fixed but not released.

(2022-09-05, 16:57)madmax2 Wrote: Can you add GENRE and AUDIO LANGUAGE in setting > movies > general > movie listing sorting?
No, because the main lists does not contain these information. I work on a new solution to show / hide any column that a list contains via contextmenu on the column headers like in most other programs, but probably that will not be included in the next release. But with the new solution and if you create a custom view / list that contains any additional information you can show, hide, sort ect. additional columns.

(2022-09-05, 16:57)madmax2 Wrote: Can you add tooltip of what that icon genre is that shows when we hover over those genre icons or permanent label on top of those icons?
see above

(2022-09-05, 16:57)madmax2 Wrote: Add setting to turn off those GENRE black rectangles placeholder, for those who don't have any genre mapping set.
It's not planned and if the genre text display works again, it probably won't be necessary.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what are the black squares purpose?0