ServerWMC and video data flow
I'm having a issue with ServerWMC and the Kodi client.  Skipping on recordings is erratic and I suspect it is a resource issue.  As we all know understanding the underpinnings of the system makes it easier to come up with a solution.  So, my questions -
When a client is playing a recording does it pull directly from the video file or does ServerWMC stream the recording from the file to the client?
If the client pulls from the file does it do it via a SMB share or ?
Are there any tuning capabilities in ServerWMC or the client?
When doing a skip does ServerWMC do the skip or does the client?

FWIW I'm running ServerWMC v1260 on a Win 2016 VM.  For the clients I'm running Libreelec (current version).  Network is 1Gb.
It depends.  If you are playing a recording that has finished recording, kodi is just playing the file via smb.  Serverwmc is not doing anything in this case, other than telling kodi where the file is located.  If however you are watching a file that is actively being recorded serverwmc is streaming the recording to the kodi client.  Thats because it has to repackage the file on the fly to generate a ts file stream.  Serverwmc does this in a background thread.  Its not computationally expensive, but it it does require a lot of disk io.  This assumes you are using the default configuration of serverwmc.

In either case serverwmc does not do the skip, that is done by the kodi client.  I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "tuning capabilities", but its serverwmc that selects the channel and it does this using the dll libraries of wmc.

If I misunderstood or you need further clarification let me know.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
That's very helpful info.  Can I move the current recordings and recording location off the ServerWMC VM vHDD and onto a NAS share and would the client then pull it directly from the NAS?
It would, but wmc itself doesn't like locating its recorded tv folder on a nas.  I remember seeing there are tricks to get around this, but you'd need to search the wmc forums.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC and video data flow0