Excessive CPU usage while playing videos, resulting in lagging
Hi there.

I have a linux-based box, that I update only every 6 months, more or less. The latest update resulted in a very laggy video playback, it is simply a mess.
Everything is up-to-date, I'm using matrix (19.4). The box is an intel D525mw board with a 1.8 Atom processor, 1 G of ram, integrated intel video chipset. Had no problems before.
When I'm playing any kind of videos, CPU usage goes up to 350% (2 cores, 4 threads). Otherwise, no problem.

The box has also other methods to play back videos, like a normal desktop with a normal user, playing vids with vlc or mplayer is fine. Also, configuring them as external players for kodi, works fine, with no lag whatsoever.

I suspect there is something with kodi's integrated video player. Any ideas?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Here you go: https://paste.kodi.tv/iduvizafid.kodi
(2022-09-09, 10:43)scar Wrote: Here you go

Arch Linux is not part of our typical TeamKodi support realm. So if any update(s) screwed over your OS setup, I'm not sure what we can do.
Have you tried renaming Kodi's profile folder so a fresh setup can be created, and see if that works well again?
Tried, yes.
(2022-09-09, 15:14)scar Wrote: Tried, yes.

Does it work now??

How is Kodi started?? I see in the log, that you use a x11 window-system. Do u also use a Display-Manager like gdm ore lightdm??  Do u need other gui applications on your Setup? When the Problem is still current, then I recomment to use a Kodi-GBM build on your machine. This Kodi-Standalone version does not need a Windowing-System like X11 or Wayland and you have more Performance left for kodi to run. Make shure that you use a hardwaredecoder, if possible.
These are my tips for now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Excessive CPU usage while playing videos, resulting in lagging0